Thread: Tiffany was spayed today, really!?

Tiffany was spayed today, really!?

So Tiffany had her spaying today. She was dropped off at 7:45 this morning (I was already at work), and had her surgery around noon, with no complications. We picked her up at 5:30, and the staff at the clinic told us what a treat she was, very untortie like!! We got her home, let her out of the cage in to the bedroom, and she tore around like a mad cat!!!! She didn't seem groggy in the slightest, and was in no pain, although we kept her movement to a minimum, as much as possible, her incision is very very tiny, and isn't red at all, she seems fine and is pretty pissed off that we've kept her in the bedroom for the evening (and most of the day tomorrow, shhhhh, she doesn't know that yet). the clinic doesn't use.... that pain killer patch (can't remember the name, sorry). A form had to be signed stating that we understood why they didn't use it, and we were given a syringe and medicine to give her each morning for 5 days. All in all.......... She's fine, and keeping her quiet will be......... Difficult. Of course, keeping her locked in the bedroom means shutting the door, which is never shut. Which means that the boys now seem to think that there is something worthwhile in there and won't leave the doorway!!! Silly boys...............

Cheers!

I'm glad to hear little Tiffany came through her spay with no problems! Give her gentle kisses from me please!

I'm so glad to hear that Tiffany's spay went well and that she's now home. I hope she makes a quick recovery and that you're able to keep her as quiet as possible. My newest addition goes in for her spay on Sept.22nd and I know it's going to be very hard to keep her quiet.

I'm a little curious. She seems fine, like....... Normal..... If we hadn't seen the bill I'd assume she wasn't even spayed......... Is that normal? The last animal I had spayed was dopey and groggy for weeks... The only thing she hasn't done is pee or poop yet...... weird........

Some animals react differently than other.
    I am a little suprised that she was allowed to go home that day, as all the Cats that I had spayed stayed for at leadt a day, to make sure things were all right.
    She must have gone through her operation with flying colors.
    Was her stomach shaved?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

her stomach was shaved, with a very very tiny incision, looks fine, minimal swelling, no bleeding or crusting, no bruising. She's a trooper I guess

I've heard that younger animals usually have a quicker recovery time. I've only experienced Starr being neutered but his was a spay/neuter because one of bits was still inside of him. He was very groggy the first evening but by the next morning he was ready to play. I kept him in a large cage so that he wouldn't tear out his stitches and the others wouldn't play rough with him.

Now Ziggy Stardust will be my first actual spay so I hope that she'll also recover quickly. I think that Tiffany sounds like she's doing very well and being active is a great sign.

Iam glad that Tiffany is doing so well.
    Maybe theydont keep Cats in as long as they used to now.
    We know that Tiffany is raring to be wuth her Big Brothers Don and Bob and kick some white Cat Butt.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by elminster20
    I'm a little curious. She seems fine, like....... Normal..... If we hadn't seen the bill I'd assume she wasn't even spayed......... Is that normal? The last animal I had spayed was dopey and groggy for weeks... The only thing she hasn't done is pee or poop yet...... weird........

We are going through EXACTLY the same situation here, with foster kitten Gemma.
    Many of the girls I have spayed act like nothing ever happened.
    She too, was in the bedroom last evening, and then we switched her out with her wrestling-mate, so she could come out.

The only thing I do, is not give them much food the night of the spay, until about midnight, then they get a decent meal.
    watch the spay scar for a few days. If a bump appears, in the next week or so, that is normal too!

Your Tortie is fine!

I am glad she seems perfectly fine after spaying. MOST are, but I recall a few that don't fare too well, unfortunately.

Keeping her calm will probably be impossible, but not to worry, I always have problems keeping them quiet after surgery too.

Tiffany was spayed today

How wonderful to know that Tiffany came through her surgery so well and wants to get back to her usual active life! Gentle scritchies being sent for your sweet little patient.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Congrats, Tiff! Now you don't have to worry about nosy little noses in not-so-sunny areas.

Did she have Lazer surgery? If so that is why she is so alert. Thats what Shelby had. I visited her early that evening and she looked great.The Hospital policy is that they are kept overnight for observation.(where I go)Also, look at the bill.If you fall over backwards,it was Lazer.

Happy that Tiffany came through OK!

We had a bunch of foster kittens through our spare bedroom last summer, all of which were spayed or neutered at 3 pounds. They were all perky right away. The females were difficult because they kept wanting to jump and that leads to a hernia (which can be corrected).
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

A laser, really? That seems so......... James Bond like........... She is doing well. It looks like a stitch MIGHT have started to work loose a wee bit, but for the moment everything seems fine, not much redness or crustiness. My partner's a nurse so I'm letting her keep me calm.
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!