Thread: Chihuahua...Update on "Coco"

Chihuahua...Update on "Coco"

I usually do not post here, I am mainly in Cat General...but I believe this would belong here.

I need help from whoever! There is a 2 yr old Chihuahua that is going to be brought to a shelter today. This poor dog has been in 5 different homes. The story is this:

My sister's friend took a dog from a friend that couldn't keep him...this dog has been in four previous homes. My sister's friend decided she didn't want him anymore and just opened the door and let him leave. Well, her kids found him and said that they thought he ran away. So, my sister said she would take it to the Animal Welfare League for her. My sister ended up taking the dog to my Aunt's (whom recently lost her yorkie of 12 yrs). She wants to keep him, but is not able to because she is not ready for another dog. My sister shouldn't of brought him there. So, my aunt called me crying and asking me to try to find him a foster home until I am able to find him a fur-ever home. I have to pick him up in an hour. If I do not have a foster home or potential owner by tonight, my sister is picking him up and taking him to the Animal welfare. They are not high kill, but they are not a no kill either. I do not want to see him go to a shelter. I can not foster him here, I am at my max. I wish I could, but my hands are tied. Everybody has there limits...and I over exceeded mine.

Info on the dog:

From what my aunt told me, he is not neutered, she took him to the vet and got his shots (she was going to try to make it work, well, it didn't), and he is very friendly. She believes he would do better in a home with kids 10 and up. Or with somebody that is home all day. He likes other dogs, not sure about cats. I have not even seen him yet, so I am just going by what has been told to me. We are located in Illinois, just outside of Chicago. Please if anybody can help this poor dog find his FINAL home, I would so appreciate it. Please email me at [email protected] if you can help or know anybody who can. Thank you.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 09-10-2006 at 11:05 PM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Tracy, get in touch with a cHIHUAHUA RESCUE GROUP AND THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE HIM OR HLEP YOU OUT.
    mELISSA

Sorry I cannot personally help you but here's a list of chihuahua rescue places to contact http://www.tazchi.com/pages/rescue.htm

And here's some Chicago based all breed rescues http://www.chicagocaninerescue.com/
    http://www.chicagocanine.com/chirescue/

Good luck!

Thank you Melissa and wolf! I appreciate it. I just hope I am not to late for this guy. I just found out he might be mixed. He is bigger then a regualr Chihuahua. Well, I am off to get him. I will post pics when I get back.

www.rornfp.org

Don't worry! Those little dogs are quite popular. He will be adopted quickly. There were two adopted at my local shelter the same day they went up for adoption.

Any news on the little fella? I feel so bad for him. What a terrible life he's had so far. I can't wait for an update. I wish I lived closer to you

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Any news on the little fella? I feel so bad for him. What a terrible life he's had so far. I can't wait for an update. I wish I lived closer to you
    Well, He is here with us. He is too sweet! He is very skinny. Oh, his name is Coco. He was never fed dog food. He was given table food by his last owner. He is having a hard time adjusting to dog food from what my aunt told me. I decided we are going to have him stay here....just til we find him a home. I was very hesitant on it, but he has been thrown around so much and he is so scared. It is funny, he took to Dave, my fiance like bees to honey! We are going to take it day by day with him. So far he is okay with my kids, he is scared of the cats! And of my large dog and rescue dog. But he has bonded with Lucifer, my rescue kitty that may be staying with us. So, if anybody knows somebody in Illinois or willing to travel or send for a Chihuahua, please let me know. Oh, if all goes well and he stays here for awhile, he will be neutered on Sunday of next week. Here are some pictures of him that I just took a little bit ago.

Here he is with Dave, they are buddies already.

www.rornfp.org

Thanks for the update and thanks for saving him!! Gosh!! I wish I could take the little fella. I have so little time now to spend with my girls, I feel bad enough. Please continue to update us and God Bless You!! Kisses to that little guy from us!!
    He has an underbite just like Delilah

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh what a cute little guy!
    I Bless you for helping him!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Aww Tracy, Coco is so cute! I am sure you will find him a good home that will be his furever one.
    Melissa

he is really cute! looks highly adoptable! good luck! if you find him a home over this way let me know and i'll help with transport!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    he is really cute! looks highly adoptable! good luck! if you find him a home over this way let me know and i'll help with transport!
    Thank you Lex! I will let you know. If you know anybody that wants to adopt a goldendoodle (retriever/poodle x) please let me know. Thank you for putting my website link in your siggie!

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue

Thank you Lex! I will let you know. If you know anybody that wants to adopt a goldendoodle (retriever/poodle x) please let me know. Thank you for putting my website link in your siggie!
    I'll keep my eyes open! I gotta support a hard working rescue!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    I'll keep my eyes open! I gotta support a hard working rescue!
    Thank you so much. (((HUGS))) lots of them!

www.rornfp.org