Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet the new rescue!

Meet the new rescue!

I have a new rescue comming from TN soon. Her name is Patches. Her story is pretty sad. Patches was seen running in the middle of nowhere by a farmer. he had been watching her for he said 3 weeks. he finally got tired of her and was going to shoot her. his wife called animal control instead. it took animal control 2 more weeks to catch her. durring that 2 weeks animal control was chasing her she ran 7 miles to an airport. all the loud noises scared her and they finally caught her. Patches was on death row, but no one cared. Judy, my dog show mentor, was at animal control to pull a male sibe. fortinaly he was adopted before she got to the shelter. when she was leaving she noticed Patches. grabbed her up and took her home. Patches is TERRIFIED of people. She wants nothing to do with them. Judy was going to work with Patches on comming out of her shell, but just doesn't have the time. with 20+ other sibes and a full time job she's too busy.

I went to a dog show in Lexington,KY last weekend. Judy was there. i asked her how Patches was doing. she said "oh, we're having her PTS soon. we just don't have time and she's gonna go crazy. there's no way i'll take her back to the shelter. no one will adopt a dog that freaky." i called my dad and made doubly sure it was ok if Patches stayed with us until she was more open to people and could be adopted out. of course he agreed. Judy will be bringing Patches up to IN in the next couple of weeks. i added some pics of Patches. She is a BEAUTIFUL piebald woolie Siberian Husky with ice blue eyes.

Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Well done you and Dad! and thank you
    Give Ŗ1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Wow. That's great that you will be bringing Patches home. She needs a nice home that will treat her right and have time to work on her. I'm sure you'll be able to help her come out of her shell. As soon as I saw her I thought, 'Siberian Husky mix,' - especially in the one where she is sitting down. She is just adorable. Good luck.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

She's beautiful. Hopefully she will respond well to all the love and attention I'm sure she will soon be getting.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

WOW just WOW........I´m in love.........shes so cute..........hoping to see many many pics of her...........if I didn´t had a full house (now that i kept new baby) I would ask for transportation to my place .........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

She's gorgeous!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

OMG. Patches is sooooooooo beautiful.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

What a Beauty!!

Oh, Lex, I know you will give this pup what she needs to love people again. If anybody can make a pup happy, I know you can!! Good luck with Patches...maybe you should give her a new name for her new start at life! Please keep us posted. I bet you will fall in love with her....you know what that means....?

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Patches is a beautiful sibe. I truly hope things work out well for her at your house. Even though she has some issues, love works wonders!

Wow!

I cant belive people can just throw these animals away.
    She is gorgeouse!!!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue
    Oh, Lex, I know you will give this pup what she needs to love people again. If anybody can make a pup happy, I know you can!! Good luck with Patches...maybe you should give her a new name for her new start at life! Please keep us posted. I bet you will fall in love with her....you know what that means....?
    Thanks Tracy! i don't think we'll be keeping Patches, but ya never know. i really do hope i can help her learn that humans aren't bad and shouldn't be feared. with lots of cookies and bribery i got Patches in my lap once a few months back.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    Thanks Tracy! i don't think we'll be keeping Patches, but ya never know. i really do hope i can help her learn that humans aren't bad and shouldn't be feared. with lots of cookies and bribery i got Patches in my lap once a few months back.
    I told you, you are the best one to take this job! Good luck with that pup...she needs lots of love and patience. I know you can offer that to her.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

How wonderful of you and your dad to save her! Thank you so much for giving this beautiful girl a chance.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Oh, she's GORGEOUS! What a lucky pup to get out of death 3 times! Maybe she was meant to be with you.

Niņo & Eliza