Thread: RIP LILY, another loss...

Unhappy RIP LILY, another loss...

Lily my galah, ( an australian parrot, very pretty, pink and grey) has now died too.. lily was an awesome bird, she talked was trained to hand and i have had her for over a year and she was just an awesome pet. But the other morning, came out to check on hre, and she was on the bottom.. no longer with us. She had been sick for a while, we thought it was beak and feather disease, to which their is no cure, no treatment. wee thoguht she was getting better, her beak grew very long very fast and cracked up middle, then had a lesion across.. it grew a cm or 2 in a week or so.. it then broke off when she bit my mother. only softly and completely abnormal for her to bite, but she did, and lost that part of her beak, so it was again normal size, but she did not improve greatly, she hadnt talked in a very long time. Rarely chirped and squawked. Was very depressed, if you think a bird cant be and cant show signs of depression, you are very wrong. Lil was very depressed another symptom, they say beak and feather disease is just a naturla thign in some birds. apparently in their genes, not contagious, but its not very well researched, some birds live years with it.. but.. not lil. Well.. rest in peace lily, and make sure you fly free beautful girl.....

Lauren, so many losses, just recently, steve irwin, peter brock, lily... whos next?

RIP Lily.
    I am sorry
    I hope someday they find a cure for Beak and Feather disease
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Thanks.. i do too.. its just the most terrible thing...

I'm so sorry for your loss ((hugs)).
    I know the joy that a bird, especially a bird so tame, can bring to your life, though I can't relate on how it must feel to loose one so early.
    All the Galahs that I've seen have been so beuatiful, and I'm sure you're Lily was no exception.
    RIP Lily.