View Poll Results: Should the video of his death be released to the public?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 8.79%
  • No

69 75.82%
  • Unsure

14 15.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of Steve Irwins death

Hybrid View

Video of Steve Irwins death

Does anyone think the video of the incident should be released to the public? There is some controversy over that. Some of his close friends do not want it released. But Steve said a few years ago that he would want a somthing like that released.
    I personally don't think it should be released.

*Nicole*

No, I don't think it should be released.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

No. I don't really see the point.

However, It would be nice to see the videos prior to the incident if Animal Planet chose to use it in a tribute. He always had insightful things to say.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I know I would watch it if it was public but to me, death is an extreemly private thing and it should NOT be made public. It should only be use as a learning tool to maybe prevent it from happening to someone else.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    I know I would watch it if it was public but to me, death is an extreemly private thing and it should NOT be made public. It should only be use as a learning tool to maybe prevent it from happening to someone else.
    Ditto, I would be very upset to see it though. Probably even crying.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I voted "no", but I'm not sure.

This is an quote by Steve from his IMDB profile (although, if you look for it now, they removed half of the quote):

"He tells his camera crew to always be filming. If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape."

Although, I would not like the media to be the ones to play the video. I think it would be more acceptable if Animal Planet did some kind of tribute segment and showed the video.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

No!!! I think it should be destroyed. How would his kids feel if they ever saw that?

When my grandfather died in a car wreck, the police took photos which they do at those times. When my brother was in driver's ed, they showed the pics of Grandpa's car. It really shook him up.

Yes, they used the pics as a teaching tool but it was uncalled for!!!

Luckily for me, by the time I took driver's ed, they no longer used that clip.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No thanks...it has no place on a public medium. How traumatic would it be for his children to accidently see their father dying on TV or the internet, etc? I can't even imagine. I know I have absolutely NO desire to EVER watch someone die in front of my eyes...especially when it is by choice...ACK!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I don't think that it should be aired. I agree with mustlovedogs and Argranade. It is such a sad event, I know that I would not it on air if it was my family member or friend...

I don't want to watch him die and I doubt that Terri would want the kids to see it right now either
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

No, I don't think it is a good idea to release this to the public! I understand if they want to keep the video and file it; but make it public??? NO!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I voted no, but would consider it if....

all the proceeds of the film went to a charity.....so that the sickos who pay to see someone get killed, have their money go to a worthy charity.

I won't be going to any movie or watching a tv showing him die.

I said No! i just think of my passing,whether it is in a car accident or anywhere in the public,we never know how we will go that is in gods hands,But i would not want my death broadcasted,not even edited to the cucial parts,The sad thing in all this is someone will get there hands on it i'm sure of it,I'm not trying to be negative but we all know the press they love stuff like that,Just like that website,celebrity morgue,they have all kinds of pictures of the famous deseased,there was an article on tv and in the papers on this a few years back,It really is sad that people would go as far as that but we do live in a sick world,I sometimes wonder why things like this happen to the best of us,I think they should let the family mourn,and be private about it,and just like someone has already said on here"let him rest"He will be on the news for many years to come,even though he has passed,I just hope the children don't get caught up in it all.

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    all the proceeds of the film went to a charity.....so that the sickos who pay to see someone get killed, have their money go to a worthy charity.

I won't be going to any movie or watching a tv showing him die.

Ditto. I am stunned that there are people that would actually choose to watch someone die. WhatEVER is going on in your mind?

[QUOTE=Tralee]But Steve said a few years ago that he would want a somthing like that released.
    QUOTE]

I am not sure. I think if that is what he wanted, then his wishes should be carried out. But was he serious when he said it? I know I would not want my death aired on national television....but everybody is different. Whether or not I would watch it, I am not too sure if I want see Steve die on television....so sad.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org