Thread: hello everyone !!!

hello everyone !!!

hey everybody, i am new here ( obviously, lol)

would like to introduce my puppy , her name is angel

i took her away from a neglectful/ abusive home a few weeks ago and have been working diligently to get her to act like a dog.

basically i heard from my friend misty that her puppy ( maverick) had a sister but she belonged to someone who took terrible care of her and told me a few stories of what this person did to angel.

well i took it upon myself to go over there and offer her 100 dollars for her puppy, and i wouldn't report her or anything, i just wanted the puppy. instead she opens up the door and throws this 11 week old puppy about 10 feet across her porch and slammed the door.

so anyway, she was so skinny she didn;t have any real muscle tone and you could see her entire rib cage, i picked her up and it waslike carrying a skeleton.

heres her after a few days at my house ...

angel is on the right, maverick is on the left.

i have taken her to the vet and got her first round of puppy shots and dewormer, she weighed in at 15.2 pounds.

anyway, she is the best dog ever!! and i really love her to death, she is the best thing to happen to me and i just wanted to share.

oh yea, she is Akita/ Australian shepard mix

Hello and Welcome! =D
    Your Angel is such a cute little girl, and must be so very thankful that you helped her out!
    I hope you have a wonderful stay here on PT.

Angel is so beautiful. It will be so great for you be able to raise her and see her change. Angel and Maverick look quite relaxed with one another in the picture, (like sister and brother.)
    Whoever starved her like that needs to grow a conscience and a heart!! I hope they don't have any other pets to abuse.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

WELCOME TO PT signorelli21!! Sounds like you are at exactly the right place for you with the story of how you rescued Angel. I am sure she thinks you are HER angel. Not many would have been brave enough to walk up and knock on a door, much less offer $100 for a dog to get it out of abusers hands. I take my hat off to you and admire your spunk and nerve! She will reward you many times over for saving her from a life of abuse and starvation and I am sure, you will never regret saving her. There are many years of loyality and unconditional love ahead. God Bless you for saving his creature from a life of pain.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

thank you guys so much!!!

its really great though, that same day i went into a pet store looking for a puppy but decided against buying from them because i think they were getting dogs from a puppy mill of sorts, and were very pushy.

but now i have an angel instead

thanks for all the great comments, i'm sure i will have a few questions to ask about how to train her and everything soon.

thanks!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk. Angel is adorable, and a very lucky girl to have you as her rescuer.

Angel is a cutie! That is awesome that you helped her out like you did.
    Michelle

Bless you for saving that dogs life! She now has someone to love her. Her future is bright and she will love you like there is no tomorrrow.