Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwins remains to be fed to his crocs - not a real story

Steve Irwins remains to be fed to his crocs - not a real story

Australian Government Offers State Funeral for Crocodile Hunter
    Submitted by Andrusha Bonnelin on Mon, 2006-09-04 19:29. international
    SYDNEY, Australia - Australian Prime Minister John Howard has offered a state funeral for the late zookeeper and TV entertainer Steve Irwin, better known as the "Crocodile Hunter". Irwin, 44, was killed yesterday by a stingray over Australia's Barrier Reef.

Irwin was a great admirer of Prime Minister Howard, whom he once described as "the greatest leader in the world". Around the same time, the Australian government paid Irwin $175,000 (Australian) for one day's filming for a 60-second quarantine advertisement.

"Not bad for a day's government work", Irwin said at the time.

Mr. Howard praised Irwin as the embodiment of the entrepreneurial, self-reliant Australian character. According to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years.

A family friend of the Irwins told reporters: "Steve was annoying reptiles since he could crawl - poking snakes with sticks, lifting up rocks to disturb sleeping lizards, you name it". The same source said that it was typical of Irwin that he was always trying to extend his repertoire.

"For the last few years, Steve has been trying to get the record for Human Being Most Annoying to Marine Wildlife", a record on which the Japanese whaling industry has long had a stranglehold. Irwin came close to the record in 2004, when he was widely criticized for molesting whales, seals and penguins in Antarctica. An unnamed associate of Irwin said: "Steve must have been close to cracking the record for annoying marine wildlife. Only three people have ever been killed by stingrays, so he must have been really annoying it".

In 2004, Irwin was a runner-up for another record, Most Bizarre Act of Parenting, after he dangled his one-month old baby Bob over a crocodile enclosure, but, as always, he was beaten to this record by Michael Jackson.

Irwin's family have declined the offer of a state funeral, saying that the modest and retiring Crocodile Taunter would have preferred a quiet private ceremony. His remains will be fed to his crocodiles at the Beerwah reptile park known as Australia Zoo. As the family friend told one reporter: "After all the years of Steve annoying those crocodiles, it's only fair."

Well, I guess it does seem rather fitting...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Thats the most disgusting thing I have ever heard.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ewww
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

WOW! It's probably what he would have wanted, but isn't that going to make them thirsty for human blood? Well, I guess they are anyway, so there really won't be any difference.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Can you post the link for that? I can't find anything about it anywhere and a search for that author does not bring it up for me

EDIT: I've read it over a few more times after the initial shock, and it seems completely mocking and untrue to me. Here is a link to a legitimate article that talks about what may be happening with his funeral and memorial: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...20-601,00.html
    Last edited by K9soul; 09-06-2006 at 08:35 AM.

Hmmmm, well, I suppose if that's what he wanted....

Zimbabwe 07/13

That entire article seems false to me and is just focusing on negative things. I too couldn't find anything stating that he was going to be fed to the crocs on an internet search....I have a feeling this is probably just some made up story and the start of yet another rumour about him since he's passed...I could be wrong, of course, but this just doesn't seem right.

Now I think thats a Croc.... Get it? Maybe they mean to feed his ashes to the crocs. Can you imagine his kids watching that. Come on No Way!!!
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

I think this is not true at all.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Jordan
    According to the editor of the Australian Guinness Book of Records, Mark Jones, Irwin had a unique career, in which he held the record as Human Being Most Annoying to Reptiles for twelve successive years.
    I could find nothing about that either, and as far as I know, records books are factual based and that is not some statistical fact that could be recorded or proved. I would be very surprised to find out this article is legit.

This appears to be a false notice from a jerk who can't respect the family of someone who just passed away. I would love to see the original link to this and the site that posted it. If there are any facts available to back this I have yet to see them.

There's always critics out there, and Steve Irwin may have appeared reckless in much of what he did. However his work has brought attention to a large number of animlas. Look at all the spinoffs now on TV of his work. It is largely in part to him and his antics that so many people watch animal planet type shows and that they are considered normal.

I'm offended at the tone that the writer took and wonder if he/she even knew Irwin personally to write such things.

I think that is just a bunch of crap and poeple ought not post things like that without an appropriate link to where that content came from. Just disrespectful.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I did some research, I found the link to this story. It looks to be like The National Enquirer, a whole lot of crap. There's an article saying Britney Spears has been attacked by her pet pineapple. Now that has to be true also right?

http://www.brainsnap.com/internation...ocodile_hunter

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I think it might be from a humour site -- like The Onion -- the only link i could find was :

http://www.brainsnap.com/internation...ocodile_hunter

Some of their other featured articles include such things as "MacGyver Implicated in Airline Terror Plot" and "Australian Navy Equipped With New Armoured Surfboards" etc.

Edit: I posted at about the same time as Jadapit :\