Thread: I Miss my best Friend

I Miss my best Friend

My little girl also just passed away. She was a purebreed Black Labador . Charlotte, was her name. Charlotte, came to me as a birthday gift almost 11 years ago. A buddy of mine knew I had been talking about a dog. Charlotte was my birthday gift. She was 6 weeks old solid black coat with dark eyes.Pure mischief for almost 3 years. Nothing was safe, sandals, furniture, you name it. Then, suddenly it all stopped and she bothered nothing. I baby talked this dog like a child. She slept in the bed with me from day one.Charlotte was the only black lab house dog known to mankind. One health issue plagued Charlotte. She and had very dry skin and itched constantly. I took her to the University for treatment. They put her on a oral steroid. I disliked giving that to her but it stopped her from constantly scratching, and she would scratch till she bleed. Anyway, life went on and she was a more than a dog. She was my best friend. Everywhere I went she also went. I had several baby talk names for her, Black Dog ,choo-choo,Sweet pea, lil' girl, and on and on. She would only ride in the front seat. Any other Human passenger in my truck was delegated the the back of the cab. Charlotte was never barky, very good with people and just wanted to please. In my mind the only the mistake I made was that she ate whatever I was eating too. If I had pizza, Ice cream, Bananna, yougart, broccolli, Taco's, whatever she was given the same. Charlotte was my child.For example, I went to site on line that allows you to have any picture downloaded to be made into a postal stamp. I've got one with her in the green grass of my back yard smiling and sitting up. Last Tuesday, I urgently took her back to the vet for the 3rd time in three days. They could not find what out was wrong with her. She had not eaten in 4 days and drank very little water. Her lung collapsed and they found cancer tumor. I made the decision to put her down. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in this life. My heart is broken . I miss my Little Choo-Choo. No one and nothing will ever make it right. She was more than a dog, she was my best friend. I loved Charlotte with all my heart and soul. In closing, Charlotte is buried on my brother's farm under a huge Oak tree.
    Last edited by Labspaw; 09-09-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Labspaw,

I am so very sorry that you lost your beloved "Friend", Charlotte so suddenly!!!

There are so many of us here on Pet Talk who truely understand the mountain of grief that you are now facing. We feel your despair too.

I am sorry that your first Post on "Pet Talk" was entered in the Memorial Forum As I would have preferred to have met you under happier circumstances.

Please Accept My Sincere Condolences {{{{HUGS}}}}

May Charlotte Play Anew at The Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet Charlotte, she sure sounds like she was your heart dog! Please know that we all here feel the same about our pet and we feel your loss as if it were our own.
    Hugs to you!
    RIP Charlotte, play hard!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thank You

I Miss my lil' Choo-choo ...Miss Charlotte. Charlotte was a dog, but to me she was so much more. Charlotte was the daughter/son...that I never had....she was my child.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Charlotte. I think of my dog as my child as well. I know how hard it is to lose them.

Charlotte is watching down on you from the Rainbow Bridge, happy and whole again. I understand how deeply you are hurting. I lost my heart dog, too, she was "my little girl". It still hurts, but I remember the fun times and she still makes me smile.

I hope your memories of her will eventually replace much of the pain you now feel.

The 4 post

I wanted to thank the following four posters. Wolf Q, Dorthy39, Cyber Sibes,and Pitc9. Thank you for your kind words. Your compassion and time spent on me means alot. Again, I thank you. Charlotte thanks You. I wish the best to all of you and apppreciate the kind words. It helps.

labspaw,

Thank-you so much for appreciating( feeling) our heart felt condolences.

We are never too far away, nor too busy to listen to you. Please understand that you can always lean on us for constant support when the road becomes weary.

That is what friends are for, isn't it? Of course , it is!!!!

Tomorrow is a new day. A new gift.

More {{{hugs }}} from a Pet Talk member!!!!

God Bless!!!

*Sigh* My darling Cody went very quickly too. Looking back, I'm grateful, because he didn't suffer much. I know exactly how you feel. Your world seems empty, and lonely. I won't sugarcoat it..it takes a while, it does. It's been 3 years and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. But, it calms and eases my heart when I know that he was my first dog, loved beyond belief, happy, smart, and lived the life of a king. I know that he's incredibly happy, playing in the snow with his tennis balls. He and my dad, together in a dream, sent me my Logan. Know that you will be forever loved and protected. {HUGS}

I've been Boooo'd!

Labspaw,

My heart breaks for you! It sounds like you were lucky to have such an awesome dog and daughter! It is amazing how dogs can become our best friends and children! You gave her such a wonderful life and both of you were lucky to have each other! I know how helpless and devistated you can feel when you loose a companion animal. Allow yourself to be sad, cry a lot, talk about the pain and most of remember all the cool/unique things that you loved and enjoyed with Charlotte. Maybe in time, you can find another dog to share your life with...the more you love the harder you grieve! It will get easier...

Charlotte is now joined my Emerson and all the other loved pets at the rainbow bridge. She is now looking over you....

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

A new Doggie

Thank you, to the posters that comforted me here. You don't know how much your thoughts meant. Charlotte was my world. Funny to think how devoted and attached you become to an animal. She will be forever my child and I take her with me in my heart everywhere and always will. Anyway, guess what? I have a new doggie. It was very hard to make this choice. I thought that I was done with pets. Tucker was an adoption dog. 8 months of pure black Lab. Complete different personality from Charlotte. It has helped having another dog. You just don't know how much you miss having a companion till you don't have one. Tucker is helping me heal. A special thank you to Dorthy39 for you thoughts for me and everyone here you comfort.