Thread: Can wisdom teeth grow back??

Can wisdom teeth grow back??

Ok, I know this is dumb, but can they?

I had mine removed a few years ago, but it feels like there are teeth coming through again back there?? I remember how it felt when my wisdom teeth starting to come in. My gums were sorta sore. That's how it is now. And there is little white marks on my gums like maybe teeth coming up?? I think I heard something about some kind of molars that come in after wisdom teeth? Not very often, but it happens. Do you think this is the case? I seriously will die if I need to have MORE teeth out. I know it's so dumb, but I was terrified about my wisdom teeth. I even cried in the office when I went in. (I sort of have a fear about stuff being done to my teeth and I don't know why) I really hated everything about it and was so thankful it was done for good. *SIGH* If I have to get 4 more teeth out...that will put the count to 22 teeth for me (being pulled out)

I'm sorry this is so dumb. But I needed the vent...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

might be possible my kids each lost 2 sets of "baby" teeth
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Kill me, please?

Off to the dentist, just to xrays and see what's happening. If there are new teeth coming in, better to know now, and get it taken care of if necessary. No, we will not kill you now!

If you feel you are getting smarter, they are growing back in.

Okay, sorry, try some ibuprofen? Then call the doctor tomorrow.

You've had 22 teeth pulled?

Sorry, I have no idea whether they can grow back or not, but I do know some people have two next to each other on the top, making their count of 6 wisdom teeth instead of the typical 4. Maybe the other two are growing in?

No, if I have to have 4 more out than it will be 22. I've had 18 out. Would x-rays from last year show new teeth coming in?? I get xrays every year I go to the dentist....I'm going this month sometime for a regular checkup...I'll wait till then. I'm pretty sure I've got a couple cavitys too *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Off to the dentist, just to xrays and see what's happening. If there are new teeth coming in, better to know now, and get it taken care of if necessary. No, we will not kill you now!
    Later, then?

Also, I don't have 800 dollars for more wisdom teeth to be pulled..

Nope, not later, either! 22 teeth pulled - so did you end up having most of your baby teeth yanked or something? I have had eight "permanent" removed, and that's considered a lot - my four first bicuspids, and my four wisdom teeth, which were pointed at the roots of my other teeth, anyway, and there was absolutely no room for them. My sister and I inherited my Dad's big teeth, and my Mom's narrow jaw, so were destined for the orthodontist's chair from day one!

10. Never heard of such thing.. and i had my wisdome teeth removed at the age of 18..or was it 17? man i was so scared...
    i stayed awake for the whole thing. i was literally shaking in the 'OR chair' but it actually wasnt that bad.

to you. let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Nope, not later, either! 22 teeth pulled - so did you end up having most of your baby teeth yanked or something? I have had eight "permanent" removed, and that's considered a lot - my four first bicuspids, and my four wisdom teeth, which were pointed at the roots of my other teeth, anyway, and there was absolutely no room for them. My sister and I inherited my Dad's big teeth, and my Mom's narrow jaw, so were destined for the orthodontist's chair from day one!
    10 where baby teeth...but, believe it or not, they hurt more than the 4 adult teeth I had out That and I had no teeth for the longest time I think the wisdom teeth were the worst because it was a while before I could properly brush my teeth, and it drove me nuts! It was also hard to talk, but wasn't that big of a deal....however, I'm in NO rush to do it again!!

I have my wisdom teeth in but before I did I got two new sets of molars before everything was said and done. So... it's possible I suppose. I would still go to the dentist and get xrays to get a potential problem taken care of NOW rather than later on down the road when it can cause lots more problems.

facebook

I don't believe you can get any more wisdom teeth, in fact I am almost positive you can't.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!