Thread: Help Getting Cat Litter off Kittens Paws!!

Help Getting Cat Litter off Kittens Paws!!

Hi all,

As I'm sure most of you know that we are keeping Hermes (kitten from Bellefonte, PA) well we are trying it out to see how the other cats react with him and then we'll decide.

But besides that, last night when I got home, water leaked from my air conditioner into my kitten's litter box. So the kitten got in the box and of course did his business like a good little boy and got wet scoopable kitty litter stuck in between his paws. We tried dipping his paws in water several times and tryed to pull it off but I didn't want to hurt him so I'm not sure how to get this off of him.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Melissa

I would try to wash it off if the baby would go along with that idea. You need to get it off before he swollows any of it and binds himself up.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have used a cotten ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide and held it on the claws for several moments, it then came off. Try switching back to regular and not the clumping. The clumping really get stuck and is harder to get off! Good luck!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Yikes! I have no idea how to help. It sounds like a truly messy situation. I would thnk it might have to be shaved off if its that clumped.

Now you know why you never ever use clumping litter when kittens are around.

I had that happen with Rocky and Rumor when they were still in the cage at night and turned over their water, what a mess. It took two of us to hold each one and basically soak their paws in a sink of water and pick out the litter. I also held a wet washcloth around each paw to help soak it off. Once you get it mushy enough you can pick it (or smear it) out. It was a long hard ordeal for us all. They had also flung the water and litter out of the cage all over my kitchen floor and cabinets and it had dried. It took me forever to get it cleaned up and I had company on the way. That was the last night I kept them caged, they became full time in the house kittens after that nightmare.

From Decker with Love

I think that the wet warm was cloth would be the best idea.
    How did the paw cleaning go?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS