Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Ebony died today!

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about Ebony. It's so sad, she was so young....My thoughts are with you and your family.

{{{Heather}}},

I'm so shocked and saddened by your news. So sorry to hear of your loss. Will hold you and your fur-babies in my thoughts and prayers.

Little Ebony had a wonderful life and an easy passing. I believe she is happy at the Bridge now. This probably isn't much comfort now, but she always seemed so happy in her photos and your stories. It did seem an idealic life for a bunster.

Take care of yourself right now. This is a dreadful loss for you.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

3. Heather,

So, so sorry about Ebony. My thoughts are with you..

Sara

I'm sorry

I'm very sorry about your loss. Please know that you were trying to do the best for her throughout her entire life, including making the decision to spay your bun. You were well educated about the problems of NOT spaying (namely unwanted pregnancy and the high incidence of uterine/ovarian cancer in female buns) and did what you thought would make your little one's life healthy and happy.

Sometimes, unfortunately, surgery can cause complications for buns, but you were trying to keep her longterm health in mind. I myself was very nervous about neutering my 6 month old male bun. You are a wonderful bun caretaker, and will no doubt continue to bring happiness into the lives of your other buns:-)
    ~*~*Have a Hoppy Day!*~*~

Oh, Heather...... This news deeply saddens me. Please know that Ebony had the greatest life possible in her short time with you. You are one of The Bestest Bunny Mum's I've ever known! My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. ((((( *hugs*)))))

Katie, Loud Louie and The Beans.

so sad ...!

Poor Ebony !!! And poor you too !!!
    I never heard about this before ; the bunny was still so young and strong , but it happened anyway . Must be a serious operation !!

We have a female bunny too ; as she never sees other males , I decided not to spay her ! I would hate to loose her !!

Take care okay !!

Heather, I was shocked when I read the title of this post. I just can't believe it. My prayers are with you. I know how awful you feel right now. You gave your little one the best life she could have possibly had. You were trying to do what was best for her health. She didn't suffer. Try to be at peace with this. (((HUGS)))

Oh poor Heather!!!

I am soooo sorry for you! {{HUGS}}

Oh Heather! I am so sorry! Loosing a pet can be really hard, and we all know. I am sure she had the best life ever. My thoughts are with you. So sorry for you loss!

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about little Ebony!

Making important decisions for our beloved animals can be so difficult, and then to have something go wrong -- oh what a heartache! I hope that all your fond memories of Ebony will be of some comfort during this sad time.

Thank you for sharing your bun family with us, and helping us learn more about the ups (and downs) of bunny life!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

I am so sorry for your loss. We all know the pain and all we can do is give you our sympathy. The emptiness of not having them there anymore is so great. Please know that others have you and Ebony in their thoughts.

Sad for Ebony and her mom

Heather,I'm very sorry to her about that your sweet bunny passed away.You did the best for her and she got a happy life,is what count.When my boyfriend's kitty died,we buried her in a nice spot in the garden at the country house,she will stay with us forever more!A way to say she was part of our family.
    You will be in my thoughts,

Koxka

Heather I am so sorry to hear of your loss of sweet Ebony. I am so sad for you and Bunny. I also believe that she had a woderfull bunny life, you are a wonderful mommy. She is now at the RB happy and frolicking and chomping on some clovers untill you see her again.
    RIP Ebony sweet little girl.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Heather, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know that there are no words that will ease the pain you are feeling now but just know that you have many people who care about you and are thinking of you and praying for your strength to get through this difficult time.

When Kilo (dog) had died last year, we didn't let any of the animals see him before we buried him. When our cat (Misty) died last month, I decided to let each animal say good bye. When Kilo died, my other dog was looking for him and was pretty unsettled for a while. He didn't do that with Misty. It seemed to be a little easier on the animals having seen Misty.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Heather I am incredibly sorry for you and your furfamily. That was a horrible shock. I didn't know that about bunnies, but if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing; take Ebony to get spayed. I know that Ebony had a great life and she had a peaceful passing.

I don't know what else to say...I am truly at a loss. Rest in peace, sweet, dear, adorable Ebony.