Thread: Abby

Abby

Abby, you are beautiful and I am so happy that, despite your sorry start in life, you are now a member of a loving family where you will never be ignored or otherwise abused again. It is hard to believe there are people who can run puppy mills with no feelings for the animals in their care. I do not and will not patronize such businesses and maybe my small effort will reduce the breeding population at just one puppy mill. If lots of us will do likewise, we can make a difference.
    Abby, I'm so glad you're the enjoying the good life now with your loving family. You deserve the best that life has to offer and I appreciate your family for making sure you have it.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

Congrats Abby on being named dog of the day! I have a sheltie named Abby too and she is the joy of my life also. Glad you overcame your rough start and have a loving family now.

Beautiful beautiful Abbie! Your story is truly a rags to riches one and we couldn't be happier. You can rest assured that the people on this board would never consider giving a puppy mill one dime of support. As much as we hurt for those dogs caught in that horrid life of producing for those greedy people, we recognize that purchasing a puppy mill puppy only perpetuates their anguish.

Abbie, my co-worker has two sheltie puppies and I have fallen madly for your breed. You are now leading a wonderful life, and that brings a smile to all of our faces. Sleeping on the bed, tummy rubs and lots of love are all things that every dog should enjoy. We're so glad that you are enjoying that now.

Abby, You are certainly one beautiful Shetland Sheepdog, I also need to mention that I find you completely "irresistible!!!!"

I was so shocked and heart broken when I read about your early social experiences, yet, your family taught you how to "trust" and "break out of "that hard-core Puppy Mill shell, to become ~the sweetheart that you were meant to be .

Have a Wonderful Dog of the Day, Abby!!!! Your story is truely HAPPY!!

Happy Ending For Abby

I'm so happy you and Abby found each other. Stories like Abby's make me cry and mad at the same time - you both are winners with me.

Abby, you are the cutest little Sheltie!!

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

Beautiful Abby girl! What a heartwarming and life affirming "rags to riches" story your Mom shares with us. Your huge heart and unwavering spirit, your capacity to overcome such horrific beginnings, to learn to love and trust again, is truly inspirational I never cease to be amazed by a canine's ability to love unconditionally! And thanks to your Mom for reminding us all of the heartbreaking legacy that is the "puppy mill;" education is the key,for sure! Thank goodness you escaped their evil clutches Abby and found your way to such a loving home, to people who will cherish you forever and always! I have faith that one day those houses of horror will be but a distant memory but until that happy day, we can only hope and pray that there are many more "happy ending" tales such as yours! Congratulations to you precious, beautiful Abby, our EXTRA special and MOST deserving Sunday Dog of the Day! Enjoy your day in the spotlight sweet baby girl and each and every day of your wonderful life! Hugs and kisses to you, dear Abby!

Abby...I am so glad that you have a happy ending. I am so sorry about your life in the begining. I can not understand anyone being cruel to an animal.
    We need stronger laws agains't animal cruelty. You are so beautiful. I wish you were mine. I know your family loves you very much. Have a wonderful life Abby.
    LHCamry

Hi, Abby! You are such a pretty and dainty-looking girl! Your happy ending story is very sweet. I'm glad you are in a loving home now. Enjoy your special day. Congrats on DOTD!

Abby

Abby, sweetheart, I am sooooooo glad you have a wonderful home now!!! I echo the wonderful comments made by other community members. You and all other critters deserve to be loved and spoiled and pampered. I know that stories like yours are very hard for some of our tender-hearted members. An old grouch like me just becomes rather angry whenever I hear about animal abuse. Enjoy your day, Abby. I hope you get even more belly rubs, hugs and treats. Happy DOTD!!!
    Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused. Anonymous.

Abby you are one adorable dog! I saw you on DOTD you are just so adorable and worth to be on DOTD like everyother dog on here. Congratulations!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Amazing Abby!!

Is there a dry eye in the house after reading your story pretty girl? Your Mom is so right in everything she says about puppy mills and their owners. These are heartless, money hungry people who care nothing about animals. Thank God you got out of there and your wonderful family patiently worked with you to train you and give you the great life you deserve. Our hearts go out to them for their unending efforts to bring you around. What a grand family they are!!! Congrats to all of you today and we wish that Mom could give you some huge kisses, Abby, from us, on that beautiful little head of yours. Happiness to all of you always!!!!

Love Daisy and Delilah in Sunny Florida

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Dear Abby,

I am so happy to hear that you are free of those horrible money
    grubbers. Free to learn to love & trust someone who loves you for who
    you are, not what you do for them.Happy congratulations on being our
    well deserved DOG OF THE DAY. Hugs & kisses sweet baby girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi From "Dolly" Downunder in Aussieland

Hi beautiful Abby! I so so agree with your owner's comments that these puppy mills are horrid places and why do people buy their pets from them! We have them here in Australia too and there numerous awful stories reported all the time. But how do we stop it - I just don't know the answer except educating the public, putting these people of pocket or business is obviously the way, however the problem is to get this message to those gullible buyers that see the dogs for sale in the malls and impulse buy, hard to resist. We need to lobby our members of congress, surely some of them are animals lovers, just knowling who is the problem !!