Thread: Crate train/potty train?

Crate train/potty train?

Coco never really had this problem because she was basically potty trained and could fetch when we got her at 8 weeks! but cainan, he's only gone potty a couple times in his crate(i couldnt hear him when he cried in the middle of the nite, opps) but other then that he does great in his crate, but cainan hasnt quite gotten the no potty in the house thing down! Do you think the better he becomes with the crate, the less likely to go in the house? i guess i dont know what else to do to help him learn! I've been taking him outside every hour or so and he still has accidents in the house! Like tonite he went twice! I think the first time he started to go and thought he was gonna get caught, when my boyfriend or I moved in our seats in the living room cause he coward all the way to his crate(our carpet is dark so i couldnt see his little line of pee right away) but i started walking to the back door to take them out and put something in the garbage can, as soon as i turned around to head towards the door(no more then 3 feet away) cainan was already going all over the floor...and continued to go on the carpet when he noticed that i saw him doing so! i dont know what else to do!

how old is Cainan ??
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

11 weeks now. Im just curious if getting better with the crate, will that eventually help him get better in the house? cause coco kinda trained herself, she was pretty easy and only went potty in the house if it was an emergency, she was just 8 weeks at the time!

some dogs/puppies take longer to potty train than others. my hound, Buster was not easy to potty train..but he eventually got the drift. I don't know about crate training, though..I have never had to crate train my dogs..so maybe someone else can help you with the crate training thing.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

haha oh okay, thanks for the advice tho! coco and cainan both sleep in their crates at nite so they learned real fast that going potty in their bed wasnt too fun! but coco doesnt have to stay much longer in the crate! Im going to make her, her own doggie pillow to sleep on outside the cage!Super Exciting!!!