Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pups that PTers found and reunited with owners,,

A few summers ago I had a male Black Lab named Jake that lived a few miles away and his mom was ignorant and irresponsible and he'd get loose all the time and head straight to my house and scratch at my gate to be let in.
    The first few times it was cute (Sierra was in Loooooove) This went on for months and months!!!! Then I started getting pissed at her and told her how I felt and told her she need to put up a fence NOW or I'd find him a home where he'd get the care he deserved and I've never seen him since!
    I think I deleted all the pictures off of Imagestation... sorry!

Then there was Stimpy a Toy FOx Terrier... I didn't Find him... nor did I return him to his owners but I took him from his owner and found him a good home. Here's one of his threads.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=Stimpy
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

found a Border Collie once. He was super cool. He was 10 years old, still in flyball, and having one of the fastest times on the team. It was funny; if you threw him a ball, he'd throw it back at you. I've always wondered how I could teach one of my two to do that
    do you know what the dogs name was? the flyball in your area is part of my Region, so I might know the doggy
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    do you know what the dogs name was? the flyball in your area is part of my Region, so I might know the doggy
    Oh, yeah. His name was Wager. I can't remember the last name of the owner, but her first name was Daphne. I think they're on the team Flyball Fanatics?

I forgot to mention that we found his owner that night, she was driving by. We had fed him because he kept whining at the food, but he had only been missing a few hours. Silly doggy!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

uhh I know who that is the flyball fanatics tournys were always fun lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Hehe.. Daphne told me to call her when I wanted to get Mickey into flyball, but that changed since he's too out of shape right now.

Are you from Manitoba?

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

ive posted about Reba before but i'll tell the story again for those who havent heard it..

I was driving home one night, and pulled up to an intersection and was horrified at what i saw.. someone had dumped 6 puppies in the middle of the road. It was horrible, i dont understand why people think it is ok to do somthing like that. It honestly looked like a murder scene, the thought of it still haunts me today. Well i picked up the ony 2 survivors, soon to be named Reba and Sparky. They were a mess obviously. they were malnurished and filthy. Reba also had a huge absest on her forehead. I cleaned them up, and took them to the vet. I had sparky for about a week and a half, he gained weight and was ready to go to a new home, a few days later i found him a home with a couple that lives near by...but Reba stayed with us till June 05 of that year. We took care of the absest and nursed her back to health. I taught her her basic obedience and taught her that cats are friends, not food . We actually had planned on keeping her, but one day a friend was visiting us and it was an instant connection between them..i had never seen Reba act the way she did around them, it was seriously love at first sight.
    Reba now lives the high life with a friend that lives near by.

all the pics attached below are of Reba..i have a few pics of sparky too, but i cant seem to find them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reba.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	30325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0711.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	30326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reba sitting.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	30327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0706.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	30328  

Are you from Manitoba?
    No, Regina,Sask., but sask, and manatoba are both region 8 for flyball so when I still competed I was up there all the time, and teams from there are up here all the time as well
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: