Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Update on the Puppies

Sad Update on the Puppies

Original Thread - http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...7&page=1&pp=15

I don't know where to begin. It's been such a long hard day. My head is spinning, my eyes are watering and all I want to do is crawl into bed and pretend everything is ok.

Late last night I made the decision to move the puppies vet apointment up a day as Brindle had gotten worse. She was still ok, still playing a little but was very very tierd and didn't eat all day. Today though she wouldn't stand up this morning without a lot of coaxing and she still wasn't eating. I got home from school and put them out to go potty. Ran inside to grab my credit card and keys and came out to find Brindle lifeless. She wasn't moving and she was completly limp. I rushed her to the vet but we were unable to save her. She died before they could even humanly put her to sleep. The docotor tested her for Parvo and she came up negative, thank god. She died from =yujha horrible case of Hook worm. Aparently when you look in a poop sample for hook worm you generally see one or two. When he looked in hers there were hundreds. They completly sucked the life out of her. I can't beleave I just keep saying "I should have called out of work and took her in. I shouldn't have gone to school.". I should have done this or I should have done that. I can't help to blame myself. I should have known, I should have saved her. This poor girls life was trusted in my hands. I didn't know how bad her worms were. I didn't know worms could kill her. I didn't know...I just didn't know. And now I'm left with so much regret.

Goldie, the other female has also taken a turn for the worst. They are all now on medicine to get ride of there hook worm. They also get 2 types of vitamins and pedia lite to help get them back to where they were. I hope she makes it. She isn't moving around a lot and isn't eating as much as I would like her to. I can't begin to tell you how worried I am about her. My vet said that at this point if she can make it through the treatments then she should be ok. Shy is still having blood in her stool which worries me to no end. She is now eating like a horse though and has gained back much of her "puppiness". If she to makes it through the 3 day treatment she should be ok. I hate "waiting and seeing".I want them healthy and I want them healthy now. Most of all, I hate not knowing if they will make it. I hate not knowing if my heart is going to break more then it already is.

Please pray for them and pray hard. I'm so worried.
    Ashley

New Update Page 1, post 9
    Last edited by Aspen and Misty; 09-01-2006 at 06:00 AM.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh my god... I am so sorry Ashley! I can feel your pain & misory. I've never had a dog in my family die before, but I felt as if Brindle was my dog and it was my dog that died. It's not your fault, Ashley, it's really not. I'm really sorry about your loss and hope the others do good

Oh no... RIP little brindle girl. You are not to blame, at all. There was no way of knowing just how sick she was. Hopefully the other little girl will make it through-good thoughts will definately be sent her way. How is the boy?

I cannot express in words my sympathies for your loss.

Sweetie, (((hugs))), you are doing all you can. No matter how hard we wish it, we can't always fix a situation. Of course it's not your fault, try to remember that you couldn't have stopped Brindle from passing on, no one could, but you did love her and that's what she took with her out of this world. At least Brindle didn't die there in that trash heap, she was held & cuddled & petted, and got to have a good meal and feel loved. And you will remember her forever. Lots of prayers going out for Boy, Goldie & Shy, I really hope they pull through.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 09-01-2006 at 09:30 AM.

I read your post early this morning.

You "found' those puppies , who were abandoned and in need of so much care.

I am so sorry that "Brindle" did not survive, and , sorry that you did not find her sooner.

But you couldn 't have stopped Brindle from passing on, even though you tried so hard to save her.

You have a heart of GOLD, and , I will pray that the other little puppies will benefit from your Willingness to get INVOLVED!!!

{{{HUGS}}} to YOU!!!! Rest in Peace , Dear Brindle

This is terrible! (((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry that this had to have happened. Those puppies now know what love is, and at least Brindle had gotten to experience a kind, caring, and loving person before leaving. I am so sorry, and I will be praying for all of you. More (((((HUGS))))) to you and the others, I really hope that they pull through.

Stephanie and the whole crew, we are all rooting for the little ones!

Oh no! Curse those idiodic people who did this to these poor babies!
    This poor pup had to go through pain in suffering for no reason and now her life has ended so soon. Theres just no reason for it!

R.I.P little pup

I hope so much that those other ones make it.

That makes me sick though how people could do this.And then just dump them!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Oh, poor puppies! You couldn't have known, and even getting Brindle to the vet a few hours earlier probably wouldn't have saved her if it was that bad. Prayers on the way for Goldie to pull through!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I am very happy to report that I have 3 bouncing playing, crazy puppies. Boy, Goldie and Shy all seem to be responding to the treatment wonderfully. Even Goldie was up on her back legs in her pen begging for me to pet her. Then when Shy and Boy ran away and I had to run after them she ran after me. Shy's diarrhea is now only brown instead of having blood in it. I can't believe the turn around that has occurred over night. I'm just thrilled and relieved.

I just hope we are out of the woods and they will remain this healthy.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

That's heartbreaking but it really isn't your fault. Doesn't sound like there was much that could have been done for Brindle.

Glad the other 3 are on the road to recovery
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Ashley i am so sorry for your loss . I will be sending healing thoughts for the remaining bubs, hopefully they will pull through just fine. I cannot understand how people can neglect innocent animals and let get to the stage these babies have got to, thankfully you were able to save them.

Rest easy little Brindle bub .

Ashley, *big hugs* from me this morning to hear about all the hook-worm ill puppies. They have apparently had this for a long time. Whoever abandoned them, whether in those garbage cans or wherever is to blame, not you.
    Brindle girl is gone and that is very sad, but please hun do not blame yourself!!! You have been nothing, but selfless and caring since finding all these stray puppies, and twice in one day!! I think it was meant for you to help them. God bless you for what you are doing! And I'll pray for you all; It sounds like Goldie may be the worse off right now. But all we can do is wait and see now. They are fighters, those li'l ones and the love that you are showing is very commendable!! We all are rooting for your babies!!!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Oh Ashley I am so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up girl, you did all you could and Brindle knows that. You gave her love & a home during her last days here. That's way better than dying in/near a garbage can on the side of the road with no one to show them what love really is all about. She & everyone else knows that this is not your fault.
    Rest in Peace sweet Brindle girl. May you be happy, healthy & whole again up there at the bridge.

I am very glad to hear that the rest fo the pups are doing so well. I hope they continue to improve.

Many {{{hugs}}} Ashley!
    Sue
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    I am very happy to report that I have 3 bouncing playing, crazy puppies... I just hope we are out of the woods and they will remain this healthy.
    Well this made my morning! I was kind of dreading looking here again, but this is great news. Give those little bubbas a belly-rub from us! Will keep praying they continue to improve. Good job, Ashley!

Such good news! I'm very glad to hear that the rest of them are doing well!

Thank you Wolf_Q!