Thread: Kidney Failure?

Kidney Failure?

A friend of mine's dog is very sick. He's being very slow (i.e. not as much energy as what he used to) He's drinking a lot, and peeing weird I guess. She took him to the vets and they're doing tests. They check for diabetes, isn't that..I'm hoping I can resure her Cody will be fine?? Does anyone know anything about this? Cody is the sweetest dog in the world!! I pray he'll be fine, I hope you can too.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I will keep Cody and your friend in my thoughts. I hope that whatever results come back, that they are treatable and won't cause Cody much suffering.

Sorry I don't know much about this, I will keep my fingers crossed for Cody.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Don't know about this. Will keep Cody in my thoughts though.

So sorry to hear this. Good luck.

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Opera/2167/
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I hope Cody feels better soon. I don't know anything about drinking too much...

How old is Cody?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

He's 7. I think hes some type of Lab mix

So sorry about your friends dog being sick. It could be lots of things. I hope the vet finds out whats wrong real soon and it can make the dog better. Will keep the lab in my thoughts and pray he gets better soon.

Sorry about your friend's dog Audrey. i hope Cody is OK. jack, my roommates dog had what sounds like the same symptoms lately and he had a kidney infection, easily treatable with antibiotics so maybe that's all it is.
    Please let us know...

The thing is, her dad won't take Cody in for tests :[ He won't let her either I guess..

Audrey, I am so sad for your friend and for Cody. I have a Cody too, you know. This is a young dog, "your" Cody. Kidney infections can be serious but are often very treatable. You really can't diagnose this without some tests: Ultrasound, bloodwork, urinalysis. I hope the father will reconsider taking the pup to the vet. This is so sad. Please tell your friend to check on his peeing and how much water he drinks. Are you sure he doesn't have diabetes?? Was he taken and checked for that? Praying for Cody. Lots.
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 05-29-2002 at 06:12 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

The 1st thing they checked for was diabetes. Not that, they said maybe kidney failure, not infection :[ If its kidney failure, is there anything they can do for him?

Just wondering why the Dad won't let him be tested for kidney failure? It sounds like he did allow him to be checked for diabetes?? I'm not sure what the current treatment is for kidney failure in dogs. I know how it is treated in humans, and even in cats, but not dogs. I'm going to do some searching and get back to you Audrey. I'm so sorry for your friend and her pup

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you Sandra. He was tested for diabetes, its not that. Hes on antibiotics for kidney infection, not that I guess it woulda worked by now. cody seems to be getting worst.. He hasn't eatten since last Tues. he eats a lot, and pee's where he normally wouldn't. It kinda sounds like kidney failure to me. I guess her dad won't get the tests cause its expensive or something..I'm not really sure

Thank you everyone for you kind words for Cody and our friend. Unfortunately Thursday night Cody passed on. He died in his sleep. Cody seemed to know that his time had come, and spent every moment with his family.