Thread: A warning about Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions

A warning about Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions

I just came across a thread here talking about GGR..please do not adopt from them.

Not all Giant Breed Rescue Organizations are reputable. Do some inquiry before supporting any organization.

To find out more about Gentle Giants Rescue and Adoptions, Inc. in Norco, CA, (one of the largest Giant Breed rescue organizations in the Nation) go to the following website and read what adoptors have experienced and read about what type of people run this organization.

www.gentlegiantnews.com

i keep going back to this same website and reading what these people are saying about the great danes they receive from this place and it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach! Wouldnt you think, being a business and a place of living, breathing LIFE...someone would go check them out? like a health inspector or something! Im just flabergasted at the mere sight of what these awful people are doing to their animals!! Good thing for the people who adopt them into better lifes!!!

i keep going back to this same website and reading what these people are saying about the great danes they receive from this place and it makes me absolutely sick to my stomach! Wouldnt you think, being a business and a place of living, breathing LIFE...someone would go check them out? like a health inspector or something! Im just flabergasted at the mere sight of what these awful people are doing to their animals!! Good thing for the people who adopt them into better lifes!!!
    i remember wanting to adopt from them so bad about a year ago, little did i know..i am so thankful that i found Barb (the owner of the website mentioned) and her website..i just really wanted to spread the word around, i wouldn't want anyone to go through what alot of these adopters have..its sad and sicking all at the same time..and the fact that they call themselves a "rescue" just blows me away.

I havnt read the comments yet but I was browsing the actual adoption site and it seems like they breed there dogs..I dont know but it looks like there is at least ONE litter for every breed and some of those breeds are kind of rare especially to be dumped at a shelter pregnant...and all those litters of Dane puppies.Seems suspicious to me.
    I'm going to read the comments now.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    I havnt read the comments yet but I was browsing the actual adoption site and it seems like they breed there dogs..I dont know but it looks like there is at least ONE litter for every breed and some of those breeds are kind of rare especially to be dumped at a shelter pregnant...and all those litters of Dane puppies.Seems suspicious to me.
    I'm going to read the comments now.
    That's actually what I heard.

Check this site, I'm pretty sure there is A LOT of info on GGR on here.
    http://leansnslobbers.proboards92.com/index.cgi
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I just read a bunch of the stories on the site that was posted in the first link. It seems I'm not the only one who thinks they breed them. Thats terrible what they are doing. They should be shut down!
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue
    That's actually what I heard.

Check this site, I'm pretty sure there is A LOT of info on GGR on here.
    http://leansnslobbers.proboards92.com/index.cgi

are you on lNS? im a member there too..love it there

I went there all the time a while ago until I lost the site, and I started seeing some fishy stuff there. The dogs really look purebred...not like rescues. I also think they are breeding the dogs. I would never adopt from there, never. They should really shut down. Has anyone tried emailing them? Or...would that even help?