Thread: I'm sorry Sprite

I'm sorry Sprite

My 2 year old dog, Sprite got ran over a month ago. I let him out and went inside for a second then came back out and found him in the ditch. Someone ran over him on purpose because there were tire tracks going to were he was deep in the ditch. He had a bright red bandana on so I'm sure they saw him. I don't know how people who run over dogs purposely can live with theirselves.

I miss Sprite. He was a big dog but he loved to climb on peoples laps because the thought he was little. I just wished I hadn't gone in the house. I don't know if i can ever forgive myself for his death.

Sumbirdy,

I see that you joined Pet Talk in 2005, a year and 1 month before I did.

I have to tell you, that the Memorial Thread is very hard for me, but, it becomes quite necessary for all of us to post our Sincere Condolences.

I am so sorry that I have to meet you under these sad words.

Your post , about your Big Lover Dog, named Sprite, caused me to remember how our childhood Dacshund was killed.

Just remembering that makes me cry!!!

Please, do not blame yourself!!!! You did not EARN that guilt. {{{{HUGS}}}}--We tend to take our Pets for Granted--Until they are gone!!! And then, we realize, how very much they LOVED us.

Please Remember Sprite in this way--His usual, Happy Self.

(What kind of a dog was your Sprite? Can you tell us some more about your beautiful dog?)

Please Accept My Heartfelt Sympathy!!!!!!!

http://petloss.com/

I am still lighting a "Candle" every Monday Evening!!!

And, I am still :"praying", that each and every one of us, on this Memorial Thread, Will feel, an Ever lasting PEACE!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, maybe they didn't run him over on purpose. Maybe they swerved to miss him and ended up going into the ditch.

RIP Sprite, you will always be loved.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

He was a Samoyed/golden retriever mix. His best friend Tiny (who was his father) still grieves for him. He just lays around the house now. I don't know what to do about it. We've been giving lots of extra hugs and loving. We have 17 other dogs and he likes to lay outside with them. He won't play with them he just likes to lay among them. I think thats good therapy for him so we let him outside as often as we can when someone can watch him.

Awww im so sorry that had happned to your beloved Sprite.

{{Hugs}} hope you can think of him in a peaceful place over the rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    I'm so sorry for your loss, maybe they didn't run him over on purpose. Maybe they swerved to miss him and ended up going into the ditch.
    I was thinking the same thing. So very sorry for your great loss of Sprite. Hugs to you and your family.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I also lost my dog, Emerson when he was hit by a car. I had a lot of guilt too, but realized that I could not blame myself! There were many things that led to that event and to play the "what if", "should have" game doesn't do anyone any good. I have to think that things happen for a reason. Even the bad things, it is not always are place to understand.

The person who hit Emerson didn't stop or at least that is my thought but I don't know. People handle stress and bad situations in different ways. Many people have asked me if I have found out any more information on his death and my answer is always no. I don't really want to know what happen because it will not bring him back and it will most likely lead to more questions. I don't want to know the details. I like to believe that the person who killed Emerson, is now more consious of the speed he/she drives paying more attention. Emerson may have prevented this person from killing or hurting a child. Which in turn would not have only hurt those people who would loose a child but also would have ruined the life of the driver. I have to believe in the best in people....just as our dogs look at us with such belief and love. Like the saying "May I live up to be the person my dog thinks I am" That is who I strive to be.....

Sprite is now with Emerson running and playing at the rainbow bridge. That is a comforting thought! I am sure Emerson greeted Sprite with wagging tail and small kisses. Sumbirdy, please don't blame yourself...you would NEVER do anything to harm him and Sprite knew that!