Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitness Fridays Health Club #9: Risk A CHANGE!

Wow, sounds yummy Christa!!

I know I'm totally doing this wrong. My mom pointed it out to me today. I'm not cutting out the bad foods. I still eat hamburgers, and BAD snacks. Today, until 5:30 I didn't have anything to eat, except for a piece of ice cream cake, and a cookie. My mom came up to me and was like, "You know, it doesn't make any sence, you go to the weight room regularly, drink water like a fish, and go running, but then you come home and eat all this crap!" It actually seems to be working though, even though I'm not cutting out the bad stuff. I've lost weight (which really DIDN"T need to be lost) and I've gained a LOT of muscle... I guess if it works..it works!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Quote Originally Posted by christa
    Well, I just got on the scales today & shocked to see that I've lost another 4 pounds this week. I give credit to a HUGE pot of vegetable soup that I made on Tuesday! That is all I've eaten! I have probably eaten 2-3 bowls a day, every day . . . just finished it today! My hubby's so sick of it, but I've been loving it! I put ground turkey in it - almost 3 pounds - it was a huge pot! And all kinds of veggies! I am kinda sad it's gone now!

Can you send me the recipe or post it. I have been eating a lot of soups for lunch and have gotten a little tired of my recipes.
    I lost another 2 lbs. this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    Wow, sounds yummy Christa!!

I know I'm totally doing this wrong. My mom pointed it out to me today. I'm not cutting out the bad foods. I still eat hamburgers, and BAD snacks. Today, until 5:30 I didn't have anything to eat, except for a piece of ice cream cake, and a cookie. My mom came up to me and was like, "You know, it doesn't make any sence, you go to the weight room regularly, drink water like a fish, and go running, but then you come home and eat all this crap!" It actually seems to be working though, even though I'm not cutting out the bad stuff. I've lost weight (which really DIDN"T need to be lost) and I've gained a LOT of muscle... I guess if it works..it works!
    But you need to consider more than just your weight - that's when you have to take into consideration what you eat. You NEED to eat healthy for other reasons - for more than just loosing weight. For instance, your cholestrol. Have you ever had it checked? I know you're young, but you should start having it checked around 20 . . . so you need to start eating healthy now. Get those numbers to a good point now so you don't have to worry about where they're at then. Eating ice cream cake & cookies for lunch & dinner is not going to help your cholestrol any at all!

Another thing - if you're lifting weights, you should be filling your body with PROTEIN!!! If I don't eat some protein before I go lift, I get sick! It's fuel for your body!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    Can you send me the recipe or post it. I have been eating a lot of soups for lunch and have gotten a little tired of my recipes.
    I lost another 2 lbs. this week.
    When I make veggie soup, I don't use a recipe.

I just use a large package of ground turkey - brown that with a chopped up onion. Then I add a large can of tomato soup & a can of water. A large can of chopped tomatoes (I like the Italian tomatoes) . . . then I add whatever veggies that I like. Then just simmer for hours!
    -christa

Sounds good.
    It'll be a break from the lentil soup, chickpea soup, canellini bean soup and cauliflower soups that I've been making.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    Sounds good.
    It'll be a break from the lentil soup, chickpea soup, canellini bean soup and cauliflower soups that I've been making.
    You do like soup! I always lose weight when I eat veggie soup - I guess it's super low cal (as long as the meat is low cal, like turkey) I've just never used a recipe because I usually use whatever I have on hand. I use fresh, frozen & canned veggies! And have to use the biggest pot I have! I LOVE it!
    -christa