Thread: Ahhh, now it is foster time. :) *UPDATED*

Ahhh, now it is foster time. :) *UPDATED*

I have been relentlessly bugging Troy about fostering. He is worried about space and cost. I assured him that I would not be fostering any HUGE dogs (not right now, anyways. ) and that the organizations around here don't expect you to foot all the costs. I have the time and whatnot to make this commitment. So, with a sigh, he gave in.

Now, I'm waiting on an email back from our landlady (big animal lover! ) to see if it's okay. If so, I shall be emailing a few people shortly. \

EDIT: Thanks guys! You must have sent out some well wishes as well!

She said YES! Only one at a time and it to try and make sure it doesn't smell like a kennel. I don't understand what that means, though? Litter box, maybe? We use Feline Pine and it gets changed once a week. Plus, we are always burning candles or incense. I am racking my brain trying to wrap my mind around what she means and possible preventatives and/or cures.

Anyways, as soon as I get a job then I will be applying to foster at some of the local places.

HOORAY!

EDIT, again: I just wanted to add that if anyone needs a foster or a place for a pooch or kit to crash during an overnight transport (if they're going through Shreveport/Bossier City) then to PM me and hopefully I can do it!
    Last edited by Sevaede; 08-28-2006 at 11:41 PM.

Yay! *fingers crossed*

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yahoo! Congrats and I've got my hopes up for you!

bumped to show the good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    EDIT: Thanks guys! You must have sent out some well wishes as well!

She said YES! Only one at a time and it to try and make sure it doesn't smell like a kennel. I don't understand what that means, though? Litter box, maybe? We use Feline Pine and it gets changed once a week. Plus, we are always burning candles or incense. I am racking my brain trying to wrap my mind around what she means and possible preventatives and/or cures.
    "smelling like a kennel". She wants to make sure your apartment doesnt smell from animal waste that isnt taken care of properly and in a timely fashion is a simple explaination.

Prevention: Watch the burning candles around cats, I'd use dedorant stick cones instead. Scoop the litter boxs allot. Clean areas around boxes throughly with good cleaners.
    I dont think she would tolerate spraying issues keep that in mind when you start to foster.

Just a few things off top of my head, not bad for 5:30 a.m. and 1/2 cup of coffee LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Ahh, so just givens basically?

Yep, I don't leave the room with any thing burning. I am always right next to it to keep it under control. I love the cones, the smells are stronger. The candles we've been burning are the ones that turn to oil.

thanks!