Thread: An embarrassing discovery

An embarrassing discovery

I am phobically (sp?) fearful of moths, and I had no idea.

I came downstairs at 5:15 this morning, and as soon as I turned a light on 2 HUGE moths came flying out at me, and started dive bombing me. I left the room and shut the doors, and cannot go back in there.

How stupid is that?

Anna don't be so hard on yourself. Probably all of us are afraid of some sort of bug. My fear just happens to be spiders (because those nasty things bite and can make you sick ). The other night, right at bedtime, I saw one on the wall and tried to kill it and missed. I was sure he'd be *out to get me* after that. Later I spied him on the carpet and when I tried again to get him he disappeared into the baseboard/carpet area. I got out my vacuum with the attachment thingie so that I could suck him up and it worked! He came out and I got him. I tell all of that long story just to let you know the lengths I went to in order to just be able to sleep in my own bed that night. (I was seriously considering bunking on the sofa! )

P.S. Just noticed you are 16 weeks now!!! I bet you have a cute little tummy showing there!

Can't you let a kitty in there? Mine are crazy about moths and love the hunt

Don't be embarrassed, I am the EXACT same way. I cannot handle moths. Butterflies? Spiders? Sure. Moths? Hell no.

I almost hyperventilate. I can't kill them, I get really panicky and scream sometimes, lmao. It's weird. I just can't do the "flap-at-the-lights-and-divebomb" thing.

No worries, I've got the same fear!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I like moths! And all buggies, if I lived next door, I'd come de-moth the room for you.

Don't feel bad, I think nearly everyone has some fear like that. I personally used to be just like that about spiders. I've literally stayed up all night staring at one because it was too big for me to kill and I was afraid it would attack me in the night. I'm getting better about them now, since hubby has been working out of town a lot, I have to be able to deal with them.

I scream VERY loud when I see a spider, even if it is just a tiny one....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I flip out when I see a crane fly. Silly, no? I mean, don't they EAT mosquitos?

Thank you Wolf_Q!