Thread: I miss you Lumi, my little white shadow.

I miss you Lumi, my little white shadow.

I can't believe I am writing this memorial. Yesterday, I lost my beloved 16 yr. old American Eskimo, Lumi. It still hasn't sunk in. He was a grateful rescue dog who followed me everywhere for 13 years...he would whine at the door when I went to the bathroom and we were always aware of each other's presence. I have been a stay at home mom and worked from home all these years, so he has been at my side around the clock.
    Lumi seemed to be more than a dog. His little soul was almost human but more innocent and faithful. My friends and family all noticed the strong bond we had. Six months ago he almost died but miraculously pulled through and I gratefully Knew I was given borrowed time with my special companion. Even so, I am totally lost in grief. I have lost many pets but this one is hitting me the hardest because Lumi expressed his love the most and I reciprocated. I take comfort in knowing he is with my Dad and Father-in-law now, along with all of my many precious critters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lumi was a beautiful boy, and I can see the bond you shared was great. I hope in time your wonderful memories of a long life shared will bring you comfort. Welcome to PT, though I am sorry it is under such sad circumstances. RIP, Lumi. Your mommy misses you dearly. Send her a sign that you have arrived at the RB.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your boy. He was very handsome, indeed. Thirteen years is a long time to spend with such a special soul and share that bond. The hurt will eventually ease a bit, but the bond will always be there. My first dog was an Eskie/Poodle mix, she, too, was very human and we shared an incredible bond. I will always treasure that. Lumi will be waiting for you at the bridge with a big Eskie smile on his face and a wagging tail. RIP Lumi.

Barnyardrose~~~~,Your Registered Name is Beautiful~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sorry that I am reading your first post in the Memorial Forum.

Lumi was indeed a "one of a kind" friend and that is where the "essense" of his life will remain, safely tucked away in your heart, forever. Thirteen wonderful years , sixteen years old. A long time for a dog, but sadly, too short a time for Human Beings. Yes, I too understand your loss, along with so many more people here, at Pet Talk.

May Each Day, from this Day Forward, Reflect Lumi's devotion to you, Until you meet him again, At Rainbow Bridge.

Please Accept My Sincere Condolences!!!!!!

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html