Thread: Hildy 1988-2006

Hildy 1988-2006

We had to say goodbye to our sweet, funny, precious beagle Hildy on Monday. She was 18 years old, so we don't feel cheated, just very very sad. I adopted her from a Humane Society when she was 1 year old, and my husband adopted her and her beagle "sister" Caitlin when he married me 8 years later. Hildy was part bassett hound---she was beagle size but had bassett markings and bassett "barkings" and bassett feet and stubbornness. She kept us entertained with her stampedes back and forth from the kitchen to the back bedroom and her tap dancing while she waited for us to finish filling her supper dish. She and Caitlin were together 13 years until 5 years ago when Caitlin left us at age 14-1/2. They were a comedy act if we ever saw one. So funny together. Hildy has been my company while I've worked at home the last 4-1/2 years, and the house is so quiet now without her. I miss her snoozing on her bed while I worked at the computer. We will never forget our quirky little Hildy. My husband said it best: "Of all the dogs I've known, none has been Hildier than Hildy."

We love you and miss you, Hildy. Thank you for blessing our lives for 17 wonderful years. We are so much richer for knowing you and being loved by you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Awww, she sounds like she was a real treasure. She'll always be with you, flopped down in a corner of your heart, okay?

Play well at the Rainbow Bridge, Hildy, I am sure you and your sister are having a great reunion.

Hildy 1988-2006

RIP You Dearest Sweet Baby Hildy.. You will always be in your mom's heart & she will always be in yours.. You play now with all the other PT Beloved Angels at RainBow Bridge.. Maybe you will get to see my Sweety Dearest Splenda..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thank you both for your kind replies. {{{{{hugs}}}}

Rest in Peace sweet girl. What a long and wonderful life you had sweetheart. Play hard at the bridge Hildy

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hildy and Caitlin were with you for such a long time, sadly, never long enough.

Your stories about those two were so wonderful to read this morning.

Take Care in Knowing that they were so loved and that they are together again, Over The Rainbow.

May Hildy and Caitlin Rest in Peace, ~~~~ Their love, forever in your Heart.

Play hard at the bridge Hildy.
    Your family was very blessed to have you in their lives for 17 years.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hildy, I hope that your entrance into heaven was special. I have several sweet babies who were surely there to meet you.

Rest in peace, sweet Hildy.

Logan