Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a name for my new guinea pig

a name for my new guinea pig

I just got a new addition to my family. I need a good name for him. He is a black smooth coat guinea pig. He has almost the same coloring as my rabbit Oz (the one in the picture) Except he has more Grey in his face making him apear like a old man.

I have thought of a few names for him, such as, Wizard (so it will be Wizard and Oz), sherman, hank, Rodney, Gus, Waldo. I would like to know what name from this list you like and suggestions are welcome

I like Wizard. Midnight might work, too.

Yes, Wizard and Oz would be cute!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hey, I must say that I do love the name Gus. Whenever he gets happy and popcorns you can call him Gus Gus.

Hmm.....other names.....Gustov and Morroco.

Ok I have a couple others.

Boris, Gizard and Winston.

i like the name Gus as well. i can't wait to see pics of the new addition! CONGRATS!!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Wizard is a great name.Pics whould help
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Wizard is a very cute name. When you said that he has more grey on his face, I immediately thought 'Gandalf'

Zimbabwe 07/13

What about Merlin or Magician? I like Wizard too.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
    Yes, Wizard and Oz would be cute!

HUMMMMM

Yes, Dorothy39 thinks Wizard and Oz would be GREAT!!!

I just had to sneak that one in here.

Your rabbit is sooo adorable!!!

Let's see a picture of that guinea pig --What ever name you decide upon will be just as great!!!!

If you guys like Wizard thats good too maybe you could add onto to it so its more uniqe because I have heard of many Wizard names.

StarWizard.

BlackWizard.

Wizarddust.

Wizardfeet.

LittleWizard.

MoonWizard

I also thought of other names like...

Stargazer

Jasper.

Starlight.

Littlefeet.

Blackfoot.

Bearheart.

awww! you have a black otter dwarf bunny!

Niņo & Eliza

I have some bad news. He has mites. I got him on tuesday and noticed that he had some short patches of fur and fur was coming out. I decided to watch him over night and see if it was from his cage mate that he had or if it could be mites. On wed, I took him back to petsmart to show them what was wrong and they said that they could treat him but I would have to surrender him to them. I decided to do that and made it VERY clear that when he was done he was coming home with me. Well, I called today to see how he was doing and to see what the vet said and the lady said that the vet tried to take a skin culture but he acted like he was in pain in the area. The vet believes that it is mites and he will now have to go through treatments and I wont be able to get him back for a few weeks. I am so lost in what to do. I dont want to leave him there that long and I dont know if I am doing the right thing. I would have treated him at my house and brought him to my vet but I didnt want to risk the chance of Oz getting anything or my other animals. I am still in a loss of what to name him. I want a perfect name that will suit him. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will hopfully have pictures of the poor little man up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayons09
    I have some bad news. He has mites. I got him on tuesday and noticed that he had some short patches of fur and fur was coming out. I decided to watch him over night and see if it was from his cage mate that he had or if it could be mites. On wed, I took him back to petsmart to show them what was wrong and they said that they could treat him but I would have to surrender him to them. I decided to do that and made it VERY clear that when he was done he was coming home with me. Well, I called today to see how he was doing and to see what the vet said and the lady said that the vet tried to take a skin culture but he acted like he was in pain in the area. The vet believes that it is mites and he will now have to go through treatments and I wont be able to get him back for a few weeks. I am so lost in what to do. I dont want to leave him there that long and I dont know if I am doing the right thing. I would have treated him at my house and brought him to my vet but I didnt want to risk the chance of Oz getting anything or my other animals. I am still in a loss of what to name him. I want a perfect name that will suit him. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will hopfully have pictures of the poor little man up soon.

I wouldn't be comfortable with that situation either.

You need to be true to yourself. I don't have any experience in leaving a "pet" at a Pet Smart store !!!! I doubt I would.(I've never heard of such a thing)

Trust your instinct . You can decide, on your own, how to approach this issue!!! I'm with you, I would'nt want to leave a pet (any pet) there that long at all!!!! That is YOUR pet!!!! You need to do what YOU feel comfortable in doing.

As for a name? you will come up with a perfect name in time.!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!!

All I can think of now is "SURRENDER DOROTHY!!!!

I love "Merlin" and "Stardust", but "Wizzard" is great too!

Good luck with your guinea pig! I used to have one named "Jasper"; he passed away last summer
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge