Thread: Drake Behavior Update

Drake Behavior Update

For those of you who are not current on my situation with Drake, here is a brief update. Yesterday was our second session of our "refresher" obedience course with the trainer. He said that I am doing alot better (most of the problem was with me being to easy on the dog) and that Drake was starting to do better as well. There was another dog with us at training yesterday who had a common problem with Drake: Very Jealous and upset if his owner played or touched another dog. We did some "exercises" together and worked on heling the two dogs handle us playing with the other dog. We both had to be assertive with our own pups and at the end of the hour, Drake was alot better. He was fine with me playing withe Sassy.

After we got home, Drake and his buddies played in our yard and for the first time, I got to play with them all. Drake was OK! That was so encouraging.

I always say a loved dog is a trained dog and your success story proves it! He wants to please you so much. Congratulations on the successes you have enjoyed so far.... KEEP IT UP!!!!! It's a lifelong committment.

WHAT GREAT NEWS! Although I consider myself lucky that Cody turned out pretty well, there are a lot of issues with which I didn't continue training, so PLEASE don't be a slacker like me and keep on going! Next time around, I'm going to keep on training! Good for you! You must feel so proud of yourself and Drake and rightly so!!! I'll bet you jumped for joy when he played with his friends!!! Good luck!!!

Great job, Drake, and mom!! Tough love, that's what they say! Take it from one who is owned by a lab who knows how to wrap me around her paw! And Karen's right! Keep up the good work and everyone will be happier! Congratulations! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, well done!

This is great - keep it up!

Really great, you should be feeling VERY proud of yourself. Sounds like a pretty good trainer too!

Thank you everyone for your posts. I really appreciate you guys. I wouldn't have had the courage to get help if it weren't for everyonr at Pet Talk's encouragement.

Drake is benifiting from this as well as I am. Our trainer is good too. For what he is charging us, he better be! It's worth every penny.

That is great! You should be so proud of yourself and Drake too. Keep up the good work!

I think this is wonderful! You go, Drake, and Mom too!

We are really pleased and impressed with all the work and effort you have devoted to Drake. As our Aussie friends would say...Good On You.

Souraya..
    So happy to hear of your immediate results
    after the visit with your trainer!!
    Just wanted to say that I think Drake is bound to do well with someone so committed
    to his training & happiness as you are!!!
    When I think of Drake, I get a mental picture of Him in the PetsMart cart, being
    wheeled through the store. LOL. Always get my pet supplies there & would certainly stop to say HI to you both!!!
    Continued Good Wishes to You & Drake!!!
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt