Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was stopped by the Police

I was stopped by the Police

... 2-3 weeks ago, and I got a ticket. DKR. 500,- (about $85)
    Then today, I got the bill, along with a letter telling me that if my income was below a certain amount, I could have it reduced to DKR. 300,-. Well, my income last year WAS below the amount, so I'm sending a copy of my taxpapers as asked. I'm glad that I can have it reduced, but I think I'd rather earn more.

Oh btw, all I was doing was going around a right corner on red light on my bike ... there was no traffic coming from the left!! The Police sat there behind the bushes by the lake. They stopped everybody who did the slightest thing wrong. It must have been quite an income in the tax box that day!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Did they stop you on the bike? It looks as if tickets are rather high in Denmark- 85$ sounds like a serious crime

Yes, I was on my bike Barbara (and it was raining too! ).

That is also what a person speeding in a car gets - OK, the lowest fine, but still ... I would have thought they had more important things to do!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Just how fast were you pedalling, Randi, if you managed to get the equivalent of a speeding fine???

KK! As it was raining I did have my Ferrari cap on, that's probably why - the policeman simply wanted to see it properly.

A ticket for right turn on red while riding a bicycle......WOW!!!!!!!!!

Policemen do that too in The Netherlands. Probably because there are more bikes than cars, so they have to do something

Sems strange to me.I've never seen some one on a regular bike get a ticket. Mortorcycle or car, but never a bike.What is a DKR?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Liz, DKR = Danish kroner = $ 85.

We are quite a few on bicycles in Denmark, it's the quickest way to get around in the city. Parking fee's are horrendous - about $ 4-5 pr. hour is quite normal in town!

Just have to add - I really wanted to push the guy into the lake, but there was one more!!

You'd get a smaller fine here for pushing him in the lake

I hate when they hide behind the bushes to catch some people for anything. And usually, they get people just for silly things.

I think I cannot talk to you anymore.

My mom doesn't like me to associate with Hell's Angels types.

------------------------

I have had tickets while riding/driving on a bicycle, motorcycle and in cars.

PS.

Thank goodness you didn't try to do the high speed chase.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Thank goodness you didn't try to do the high speed chase.
    LMAO!!! LOL!!! I can imagine that!!! LOL...........ok seriously how would it look if you DID pushed him into tht elake then escaped full speed......LOL.......some chase huh??
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

OMG, is that all he had to do? It is typical, the little "fishes" get fined, while the big ones always find a way through the net...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    I think I cannot talk to you anymore.

My mom doesn't like me to associate with Hell's Angels types.
    WAAAHHH!! Does that mean you won't serve me a drink if I pop in on thursday??

I just got to work, the police was standing there again, they were distributing tickets generously (this time, I came up to the crossroad as the light had turned green )

Isn't it amazing, we all know that that's the place they hide, still we all seem to forget it early in the morning.

I'm sorry Randi, but I had to giggle.

I hope you get the fine reduced.

Just the opposite was happening here in Detroit. At the Woodward Cruise (a very large classic car show), police on bicycles were pulling over cars!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June