Thread: Kitten doesn't seem hungry.. .

Kitten doesn't seem hungry.. .

For the last 2 days my kitten Jezebelle has been eating very little of her wet cat food. She still eats a bit of it but she leaves a good portion of it on the plate. I am feeding her a quarter of a can of friskies. Could her leaving it mean she is sick? Would there be other signs?

What about drinking? Is the kitty active as usual? Is kitty using the litter box as usual? Lowered activity + less hunger can mean sickness.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

She doesn't seem less active. Maybe she is just snacking on dry food alot? I am not sure. . . I will keep watching her.

How old is she? If she's active and pooping as normal, I wouldn't worry one bit.

She's two months oldish. . .She is actually eating normally again. She really likes dryfood, so I think maybe she just ate alot of that that day and wasn't hungry for her wet food. I am glad she is okay.

Actually, I have found over the years and 8 cats later, not to leave food out all day. It spoils the appetite as you just saw!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Kittens need food 24/7

My vet says kittens need access to food 24/7 until they are a year old. I have other kitties, and I placed the kitten's food under a box with a hole in it that only baby could get through to keep older (fat) kitties out, and poked holes in the sides and top so light could get in, and made a few length adjustments using double stick tape to the underside of the bowl because smart (fat) kitties could still stick a paw in there and drag the bowl over to their (fat) mouths.