Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerson David

Your reaction to this loss is so heartwarming and so postive!!!

I am happy for you. Thank-You for the postive vibrations !!!!

Thumbs up

Emerson will be sorry to miss his Party!

Now ...

Is this >>

Whitman ??

WAY too cute for his own good!!

Where's he coming from?
    And why wait till September - August is good for a Gotcha Day.

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Oh how it hurts, I know. I just lost my heart dog, my precious dog of 12 years. He, also, left before his time due to a terrible, rare illness that we tried to treat, but treatement prooved ineffective.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I am in tears, because my loss is still so fresh and to hear about loss brings back all kinds of painful memories. Your dog was absolutly gorgeous. He really looked like an angel. What an absolutely precious, adoring, gentle face he had.

On the happy note, what an absolutely precious bundle of fluff you are welcoming into your heart! I just LOVE him to pieces! There is absolutely nothing better to mend a broken heart then the welcoming of a new furangel into your home and heart.

(((((((((hugs to you and your new bundle of fluff)))))))))))

This is Whitman...he is coming from a Human Society. This is a picture of him at 6 weeks. He will not be ready for adoption until next weekend and I have already scheduled to be out of town for two weeks. My plan is to pick him up on September 7th! I cannot wait to have a new family member in my house....he is such a doll...and looks so similuar to Emerson as a puppy! I know he will help heal my heart...

I also think that Emerson will not miss the picnic to celebrate his life...he will be there with us in our memories and hearts. He really did touch so many people's lives....it will be amazing to have so many people together in one place, that knew him. When making my list of those that will come I am already at 50 people and several people I have told are even going to drive in for the event!

Thank you all for your support...i know how good it feels to finally have positive days.....although there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel sad that Emerson is not going to be with me in his physical being...at least i know he will never leave me in spirit....I miss him terribly!

Whitman has come home.....and it is so nice to have a puppy in the house again! He is such a cutie and lover...and so good. I adopted from a humane society, at which they host their pets in a correction facility with a handler/prisner. Whitman was born in the correction facility with his 8 brothers and sisters. I received a daily diary of his life...it was amazing! I know so much about him and at 10 weeks he already knows how to sit, shake, lay down and roll over! He is such a wonderful pup! Can't wait to continue to bond with him and watch him experience things for the first time....I am constantly telling Whitman about his big brother, Emerson.

I am spreading Emerson's ashes next weekend. Some of my friends and I are going camping in a place where Emerson and I went on a regular basis. I have written a short service to dedicate his ashes and release him to God! It is will be a brief service with a prayer, two bible verses (Eccleissastes 3: 1-8 and Romans 8: 18-21) and reading of the rainbow bridge. Yesterday, I had a tag made to put on Emerson's collar, it is a red heart that says "In Memory of Emerson David Hartz". I am goiing to place the collar around the tree where I am scattering his ashes....it will be a way for me to mark where he has been laid to rest. His old tags I am currently using as a key chain..so that I can have him close to me at all times! Emerson will never leave me and has opened my heart to love animals....I am very thankful he was a part of my life!

One year later

It's been a little over a year since I lost Emerson! There are days that I can't hold back the tears, but am thankful that my heart has remained open. Whitman entered my life last September and then on Whitman's birthday he gained a sister Emily! I am so thankful to be able to have them in my life!

My Thoughts Are With You. I Am Setting Here Crying Has I Am Looking At Your All Picture Together. It Has Been Three Months The 19th That We Lost Of Girl Esther. So I Know They Are Up In Heaven Playing With The Others. They Say In Time It Gets Better. I Know For Me Their Are A Lot Of Good Days But Their Are Some Sad Days But I Just Think Of Her Running And Jumping And That Puts A Smile On My Face. So God Be With You.

{{{hugs}}}
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I don't know why I'm just now seeing this. I can't imagine your sadness over this loss. Your story of Emerson has touched me and I never even met him. I can tell how much you loved each other. I'm so terribly sorry that this had to happen. Your heart dog separated from you way too soon. I lost mine last November to lung cancer. He was 13. I was very blessed. I'm so sorry that your time was cut so short. But, it's evident from your words about him that you enjoyed every moment just as much as he did. He was a beautiful boy that had a great smile. I wish there was something I could do to take away the sorrow but I know from experience that nothing can do that. So, I hope our words have been some comfort to you.
    **My apologies. I just now realized it's been a year.**

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

OMG! I am so sorry. Emerson David sure sounded like one in a million. your story of him brought tears to my eyes. I am so, so very sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts. ((((HUGS)))) he was a gorgeous boy.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I know not more than a day or two goes by that I don't think of Emerson. I loved him. Binx loved him, too.

I am so sorry you lost your beautiful friend!! Emerson was beautiful! Adopting another dog who needs you is the best way to honor his memory. Don't forget that you will see him again one day!! Until then he will watch over you and your new puppy!! Emerson is playing @ the RB now, chasing cats & running free!! RIP Emerson

Lightbulb

THANKS, Emerson!

You've been a busy pup up there at the Bridge ...
    First you sent Whitman, and then Emily ... GOOD WORK, Em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity

Whitman entered my life last September and then on Whitman's birthday,
    he gained a sister Emily!
    Hey Emerson ~

Think you could send Mom some directions for her camera?
    Be nice if we could *SEE* some snappies of Whitman and Emily.

What a beautiful boy! Emerson will keep an eye on you from the Rainbow Bridge. Sadly, I know how it feels to lose a dog quickly. - I lost my Rosie at age three when she too was hit by a car right in front of our home. Her loss was my introduction to Pet Talk too, and the kind words & heartfelt sympathy extended here was a comfort. People here understand. Several months later, Sherman entered our lives. (We lost our sweet boy Sherman, who was 4, 6 weeks ago to lung cancer. 4 is way too young for any life to end.)

EDIT - I just realized this was last year too.

Whitman is adorable! I think we need an updated picture, and one of Em, too, to make the story complete. I'm so glad you have such wonderful furkids now.