View Poll Results: How many pets do you prefer to have at one time?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-4...

29 40.85%
  • 4-8...

27 38.03%
  • 8-12...

3 4.23%
  • 12-16...

4 5.63%
  • 16-20...

1 1.41%
  • 20+...

14 19.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is *your* personal pet limit?

I can easily handle my pets I have now, but in the future, I plan to only have:
    1-2 dogs, a group of 6 or so male rats (no females), 3-5 birds or so, & 20-40 fish.

Keep in mind that those fish won't be bettas^^ They'll be community tanks & the like.

At the moment, I own 1 dog, 1 cat, 7 rats, 4 mice, 1 hamster, 2 birds, & 20-some fish. Plus dad's dog & my sister's cat that is staying here. Its not too much for us.

uu........uu...........I want a horse too, but thats if I have a ranch or the like, if so I would like to have at least 4 and a couple more dogs
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I can't really say what my "IDEAL" number is. I have 16 cats now, plus a few fosters. But is it ideal?? *shrugs* I really do enjoy having many cats though. If I had, let's say, less than 8, my house would feel totally empty!

I can never see myself with a dog! And I have had small mammals in the past, but I don't think I will again. The time for cleaning and time for individual attention is impossible to find.

My personal limit would be 1-4. Two dogs,maybe a cat or some fish.

I'm currently comfortable with all of my animals, but someday I do want atleast 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a couple bettas. Soo, for my current situation, I said 12-16, but when I'm on my own, it'll be more around 8 probably.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I voted on both 1-4 and 4-8. At the moment, I just have Tia, but we will hopefully be adding more to the family soon At one point a few years ago, I had eleven pets, but I don't think I could handle that now, as I have more homework and my mum works more hours. After all, it isn't the quantity of pets you have, but the quantity of love you share with them!

Zimbabwe 07/13

2. If I had 10 acres and 3 helpers it would be another story. But I have one dog and I'm thinking of getting a Beta fish. I have to be realistic. I'm in a small flat now, as of some things that happend last year. But fostering might be an option.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Right now I have two dogs, five birds and 30-something bettas.

I think three dogs at the moment is ideal because of the small house we're in, and also because I work up to 12 hours a day 9 months of the year (but luckily there's always at least one person home). Once my doggy daycare is up and running, I can see myself easily handling four or five since they'll be coming with me to work.

At the moment, I think I could handle one more bird. Two of the tiels I rescued get extremely stressed out when I even come close to the cage, so they're happy in their big cage, and I'm happy letting the other three explore my room.

As for bettas, I have a system that can handle up to 96 bettas at a time and provide heated, filtered water constantly. Sooo.. seeing as how I do 30ish water changes a week already, I guess another 100 wouldn't be a problem. I don't intend to go that far anytime soon, but I could definitely handle it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

6 is definately my limit and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I voted 4-8. I think I could handle 2-4 dogs (we had 4 dogs at one point and it was fine). Since dogs require so much time in training and individual attention I don't think I would ever have more than 4 (and likely they'd all be siberian huskies ). I'd like to have a couple of cats as well. I have one betta now, I can't see myself having more than 2-3. I really am not interested in any small animals (birds, hamsters, etc.).

I can't see myself having more than 2 dogs at a time, and 4 cats.

3 cats and 2 dogs is my limit. We are hoping to rent a whole house with my Brother, so we might be adding another dog in the very near future. It is totally up to DH - he wants to get another dog when we move, but who knows if he really means it or not. We'll see though...

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Having two dogs, and two cats was perfect for me, and we plan to get another dog now that we only have one dog. I could see maybe a combination of 5 or 6 dogs and cats but that would be it. I do have 23 fish also but they do not need quite as much attention as the dogs and cats do.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    ... don't think I would ever have more than 4 (and likely they'd all be siberian huskies )
    You have siberian husky syndrome - bet you can't have just one! Boy, am I curious to see how Glacier would answer this thread!

Depends on the animals. I've had up to 6 animals at once before - 3 cats and a hamster, a parakeet and an iguana before.

Dogs need more time, space, attention & vets$. We decided two was our limit.
    BUT...if I had the resources, I'd love to have a few more huskies.

3-4 dogs and 1 cat is my limit. Not including fosters .