View Poll Results: How many pets do you prefer to have at one time?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-4...

29 40.85%
  • 4-8...

27 38.03%
  • 8-12...

3 4.23%
  • 12-16...

4 5.63%
  • 16-20...

1 1.41%
  • 20+...

14 19.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is *your* personal pet limit?

What is *your* personal pet limit?

Just curious as to how many pets - be it a dog, cat, fish, etc. would you be comfortable owning at a time?

I think 3 dogs is my maximum, but I prefer 2 at a time. After I'm moved out, I doubt I'll go over three....that's where I'm the most comfortable. I can handle four at once, but I much prefer 2 or 3. Besides dogs, I do enjoy having a couple fish around, but not too many.

I've dog sat for up to 10 Dobermans before, and while I enjoyed the dogs, it came to be too much. But perhaps that was because I was in a very small house and there wasn't much room for walking or anything....that, and Dobes also aren't 'my' breed. Even so, as much as I love dogs, I don't think I could handle that many of any breed for long periods of time.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I have six furbabies altogether. One dog, two cats, three gerbils.

I love having them all and taking care of them. I would love to have more gerbils but it would drive my cats nuts. I'd like to have a couple more cats soon. I'd like more dogs but I would like to wait until we get to where we're gonna be for a while. We plan on having a large fish tank eventually.

So, my altogether limit is pretty high.

It would all really depend on my living situation. But, three dogs at a time would probably be my absolute maximum, but I'd be more comfortable and content with two.

I can't really see myself having any other animals except for dogs when I'm older, even though I have a variety of them now. I'm happy just owning dogs.

one day hopefully soon i will have a pet rescue farm where i hope to achieve as many as i can, so they can be safe, and free!

I voted for 1-4 as the IDEAL number. HOWEVER, I have adopted another Sphynx so that makes my ideal number 5. *sigh*

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    I have one, but am hoping for another. Two would be the most I would have at one time. ( depending on what sort of buisness I get into )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

I could handle up to 4 dogs. I'd like a big dog when I move out, and maybe two elderly rescues. Definately not 4 young dogs. It just gets ridiculous after that with food, toys, grooming, vet bills, one on one attention, training.

I grew up on a farm with lots of farm cats. But inside, maybe 2, and older cats, no more kittens.

I fit as many fish as I have tank room, and I'm always on the lookout for a cheap used tank. I want to breed fish.

Small mammals don't have a limit yet.

It really depends on the room and time I have and the money. I love pets that take a lot of care.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

IDEAL number would be 4 when it comes to dogs, and i personally will never have more than 2 cats.

I think the amount of animals that one has depends on how much time the can put out to tend to them properly..I have 3 cats, 1 dog, 1 parrot, 1 salt tank, 1 pond with fish and 2 kids...I am at my limit..Anymore, and I think the attention level would drop.
    I wish others would think the same way..

I voted 4-8 because that's how many I have now, but I'm really not sure. I could see myself in the future with 6-8 dogs (probably with 2 or 3 of them being fosters), 2 or 3 cats, some cows and also some chickens. I could handle more than that, but I'm not sure if I'd want to.

I voted 4-8...and I have 11 pets now (5 dogs, 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a gecko).

I could see myself in the future owning 4 dogs (all spaced apart, unlike my current situation) and maybe a couple fosters. I don't think I'll ever get anymore rodents, and definitely no more geckos.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I voted 1-4. I have 4 pets now, 3 dogs and 1 cat. In the future I might see getting another cat (or if my dreams ever came true a horse or two ) but I think 3 dogs is my limit. I like small animals, but I don't like taking care of pets in cages and also Adele would go crazy so owning them is not really an option.

I voted 4-8. I will most likely have two dogs or three. No more then three at a time. Maybe 1 cat. No more then 1 cat though. I would also like to get a rabbit and a 2 fish. So that's a total of 7 pets. That's to little in my book, but that is probably all I would be able to afford.

weeeell...........considering ALL pets I´d be around 12.........

2 birds, but I want to get a companion to each one I have now
    7 fish, I think I´m fine with those but who know what happens at betta shops
    3 dogs, I would love to have 4 but three will do for now (If I could I would have 100´s, but they are a handful, once I had 13 , great work Tamara!!)

now for the ones I´d like
    1-2 cats and 1 rabbit
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I dunno. If I have land, probably about 4-5 dogs, a few rabbits, a goat and or cow, and a few horses. In a recular house, about 3-4 dogs, a bunny, a few rats, and one horse (boarded)

Niņo & Eliza