Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Trade Center

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duck
    I havn't seen it and I'm not sure if I want to. I was in school when it happened. I remember one of the teachers got a call from a family member who had seen on the news after the first plane hit. She came into the classroom, tears in her eyes, and quietly told the other teachers. They then informed the class and whoever wanted to see the story was allowed to exit the classroom and gather in front of the tv. We were all bawling like babies when all of the sudden, the second plane hit the other tower. I SAW that. I saw, from the outside, hundreds of lives being ended. It was a horrible experience then, and it will be horrible to see it depicted again. We live in a time when terror is no longer a surprise. The things that humans do to each other... it should be unthinkable. I am amazed at how little surprises me. I'm 17 years old and when I hear that a child has been sexually assulted, a teen has slaughtered his schoolmates, a husband has killed his wife... I see it as something that has happened before. Over and over again. There is no shock at the news as there should be. I hate this so very much. To think of all of those who were only little kids when 9/11 happened... It brings tears to my eyes. They were robbed of their inocence and some of them, their families. A part of me says 'Good, someone has decided to make a movie to honor those whose lives were lost. Either in the attack, or as a result from it.' and another part thinks it's wrong for someone to capitalize off of such a tragic event in the history of this country, nay, the history of this world. I don't know... I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. I just needed to say it, ya know?

You said it well!!!! It makes perfect sense to me too.

Can anyone here imagine a movie--depicting a tragic Era in The United States--being shown 5 years afterwards??

Todays movie gentre, (OH, Hollywood is dead now, by the way) sensationalizes human atrocity!!

1968, Bobby Kennedy assassinated during a political convention speech, and, at the same time, a movie about the assassination of his brother, J.F.K., is showing at a theater near you!!!

Unthinkable--- at that time in our History!!!!

There was a phone call to a talk show about the movie.

A paramedic, from CA, that went to help at the WTC was angry that his profession was slighted by themovie.

Some families are ticked off too.

Oliver Stone made the movie to represent two men that lived thru the mess.

there are over 3,000 people that would like to have had their loved ones story told.....

that will take 3,000 movies...

I want to think that Stone's movie shows that people, and the country survived a reall kick to the groin.

Just because their story wasn't told doesn't mean that we won't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duck
    another part thinks it's wrong for someone to capitalize off of such a tragic event in the history of this country, nay, the history of this world.
    That's why I don't want to see it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I don't want to see it. Too sad. And I wish they'd quit calling attention to it a lot. Just gives the terrorists more attention, too. I understand about memorials and things like that, though.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I haven't seen it yet!!!I don't know if I want to yet. It is a grim reminder of terrible people killing inicent people!It makes me real mad!!!!!!!

Saw it this past weekend and gave it 2 thumbs up. Even though I cried my eyes out, I'm glad I saw it

I went to see WTC today. It was a very emotional movie from the very beginning of the film (when NYC was waking up that fateful day) to when the 2 police officers were rescued & reunited with their families. The movie only depicts perhaps 10-15 minutes of the towers being hit, to the towers falling. Most of the movie is of the 2 police officers reflecting on their lives and trying to stay alive.

I had mixed emotions as to whether I should see this movie. But I am glad I did. I think I came out of the movie a nicer person. Remember after 9/11 everybody was nice to eachother? I remember that well. Well I left the movie theater thinking I have to be nicer to people and that everybody around me is a human being just like myself. Sometimes you just forget and think the world revolves around you. I think many of us have gone back to that mentality - I know I did.

There were many heros that day but I have to say I never thought of the people who crawled into what was left of the towers to look for people and to rescue them. What was left of the buildings could have fallen and killed these people. Yet they crawled through tight spaces to help people. I just can't imagine. In the movie, one of the rescuers is an EMT. The guy who found the 2 police officers was a Marine.

Basically, I know this is a movie - a dramatization of actual events. But I'm glad I saw it. And I would recommend it.

Just my .02 cents.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!