Thread: PT Meeting Alert!! Fort Wayne for Midwest Meeting!!!

PT Meeting Alert!! Fort Wayne for Midwest Meeting!!!

Ok, for those of you who haven't been following the Kendall saga of getting Max last weekend. Gio has threatened to come to the States (which isn't much of a threat since we all want to meet!!) and I kind of said that I couldn't go anywhere else because of having 14 (possibly 15) dogs so suggested that Fort Wayne be the site of the Midwest meeting and it sounds promising!!

There are a lot of people that live within 2-4 hours of here ( most within 3) and we will have a dog park open sometime this summer and we have one of the 10 best zoos in the country (a children's zoo, so nothing like Toledo!!) and we have a minor league baseball team (of which one of my best friends works there, so possibly set up a picnic and a Pet Talk group mentioned), we also have the River Greenway, which is a walker/bike path that runs along the rivers that is quite pretty, but pretty narrow. If we decide to do that maybe we could plan a picnic and I could reserve a pavillion at Foster Park where the dog park is. If people like antiques, there are about a million and 4 antique areas around here.

See Gio, what you started?? lol Now I'm really excited!!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Molly, count me in. As long as the timing is good I can probablly do it. I would for sure want to bring Graham, and Kersey is iffie, due to her car sickness, but it's possible that she also will go. Within the next 3 months we hope to be moved into our new house, so it'll be hecktic time, but any other time of the season (autumn is my preference since it's beautiful and more mild temps.) I would love to do it.

This sounds good to me also !!! Maybe make it happen
    between late August or early September ? It would be
    a lot of fun !!!

Sadiesdad and I are interest for sure! Only things we have for sure is a trip to perform at Disney World July 27-August 4, and my best friend getting married Aug. 10 Late Aug./early Sept. should be good though

My only problem is that that is the beginning of the school year, so perhaps the Labor Day weekend area might work. I have to be back at school on the 18th of August.

Oh, the sound of this is so exciting to me, and I would love to bring both of the dogs, but with the way Angus acts around other dogs, that's a nope on him, but Roxey for sure! I'm so excited!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

My family would love to come too and bring Bonnie. She has never been to a dog park before, but loves to play with other dogs. We also have relatives in Ft. Wayne, so maybe it will work out.
    Deb & Dave

"Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog."--Robery Morley

When you get close to setting a date, we'll see what's happening in our lives - but maybe we could come!

How about Phred and gang? Karen Israel?

Well, we'll have to come up with a date that's good for everyone. How about if we all post a good time and we'll look it over and decide!?

we'd love to come! late august would be great for us, or even labor day weekend. joyce, alex the wonder dog and duke the golden, columbus ohio

I would love to go!! However, Labor Day weekend would not work for me. Andy and I will be in Atlanta, GA then.

This summer would be great for me. Andy and I have been talking about going camping this summer and taking Kia with us. I'm sure there have got to be some campgrounds around Ft. Wayne that would allow dogs.

June and July is great for us. Or maybe even August and September... just not Labor Day weekend.

I'm approximately, 2 hours from Ft. Wayne.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June