Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Leo

Jayna,
    How sad. You enjoyed life together with Leo, and when it was time, you sent him on ahead of you. That is compassion, that is love. May your memories together bring you comfort in time. RIP, young Leo.

We Just Lost Our Leo Also

The tears started flowing as soon as I read your account of your little Leo passing away. We lost our little boy Leo 2 1/2 weeks ago. We were able to spend 13 wonderful years with him before he started failing last August. I bet they both are having a grand old time playing and getting to know each other at the RB. I know they will have alot to talk about as our Leo (who we mostly called Bobo) was adopted from our local humane society when he was 6 weeks old. Unfortunately he lost his hearing from a horrible case of ear mites but this did not stop my husband and myself from talking to him. He was such a healthy, active boy until last August when he started having kidney problems. He also suffered from constipation and in the end, we took him to the Vet who gave him an enema and wanted to keep him a day or so. On the day I was going to pick him up I received a heartbreaking phone call at work from our Vet telling me that Leo had passed away sometime during the night. We have shed so many tears over thought of our special boy being alone in the end. He is buried under a beautiful silver maple tree in our backyard. RIP little Leos, you are greatly missed by us all.

Thanks to everyone for your continued kind words at this difficult time. I'm glad we can all share each other's stories and grief over our beloved furbabies. I'm also glad that our kitties have plenty of friends to meet at the RB.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Blog Entries

precious Leo, beloved cat

Mew, I'm dictating this message on behalf of my baby brother, Felix and my purr~ents, KatMa [Sue] & Paw-Paw [Murray]. KatMa is having a hard time keying-in our message 'cause she can't stop crying after reading about your precious Leo.

Please accept our deepest condolences on the illness and death of Leo, a most special feline.

He was so very lucky to have you to love and care for him and you were ever so blessed to have such a sweet cat love & trust you. Leo was so handsome and what a sweetheart, loving to be loved & petted.

People like you and your husband are the salt of the Earth...there must be a special place at RB for humans who love and care for companion friends the way you did. You gave Leo the best years of his life and speaking for Felix and me I know Leo loved you beyond what mere mews, meows and purrs can ever express.

Felix & I send you, your husband and the other kitties our love and lots of kittykisses.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Loveable Leo

This is leo&dominos Mom again and I just looked at Leo's photo album. What a sweetie! I told my husband last night about your touching memorial to your Leo and he wanted to read it also. He was very touched with Leo's story and couldn't believe the similarities between your Leo and our Leo. I went out last night to our little boys grave and talked to him about your little boy Leo. I am sure they have already become good friends and are enjoying their lives without pain and suffering. I plan to look at your other fur babies albums this weekend. They look like they are very special to you and your husband.

Dear Leo, it's been a little over 3 weeks since you left us for the RB. We really miss you and love you and hope you are doing well with all of your new friends there. We ordered your memorial stone almost 2 weeks ago, so hopefully we will have that for you soon. We miss you so much!

-- Albert Schweitzer --

sorry for your loss, he sure looked to be a very happy cat, well cared for!

Leo was a very happy cat while he was with us. I can't imagine what he went through out on his own - he was such a big friendly kitty that never had a hiss or growl for anyone, not even our devilish, aggressive Leila, who unrelentingly chased him, like she chases all the others in our house. We love that we were able to give him such a loving home and enjoy his affection and give our affection to him. There will never be another one like him, in our opinion. I can't believe it's been nearly 2 months already. We look at his memorial stone out next to where he's buried under a tree in our backyard, and we still are in shock over the fact that he's gone. Every few days, something happens that reminds us both of him. He was simply wonderful, and is sorely missed around here.

-- Albert Schweitzer --

I cannot agree with you more!!! Barry and I talk about Ralph Syracuse a lot!! The house has undergone some changes now that Ralph is gone...I will post them on his site the new tribute...I think they will make you laugh! Take Care!
    Nine is Fine!!

I'm so sorry for your loss of Leo.He was loved very much.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix