Thread: I have 5 hammies!

Hybrid View

They sound cute....The teddy bear hamsters actually aren't a breed....They are called Syrians. The long hairs are long-haired syrians.

The syrians should not be housed together (If they are in the same cage) They will kill each other (I'm certain about that. One morning a bloody mess and one or more dead hamsters will be woken up to.)

If they are in different cages, than don't mind what I just said,

Congrats!!! Thats alot of hamster to take on at once. I hope the syrians aren't together the will fight til death.

www.hamsterhideout.com Try the webiste you can learn lots of hamster info, have fun make friends and hangout with hamster lovers. I highly suggest that website.

Pics are in order!

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

5?!

How'd you end up with 5?
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Khay
    They sound cute....The teddy bear hamsters actually aren't a breed....They are called Syrians. The long hairs are long-haired syrians.

The syrians should not be housed together (If they are in the same cage) They will kill each other (I'm certain about that. One morning a bloody mess and one or more dead hamsters will be woken up to.)

If they are in different cages, than don't mind what I just said,
    Eek. They seemed to get along when I was over there...

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Eek. They seemed to get along when I was over there...
    Syrians can NOT be housed together. They can seem to get along until like I said, one morning you wake up to a bloody mess and dead hamsters. Syrians in the wild, CHOOSE to live alone, it is unfair to force them to live together in captivity, and extremely dangerous.

They only get along now because they are young but soon the will start to fight and if you don't have dead hamsters you have expensive vet bills.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

She was talking to me about hamster dividers. I have never seen them And never heard of them. I doubt you're going to find one Sarah, unless you search around ALOT and pay some money... I think it's best you just get another cage and another wheel. I have an extra bowl I could probably find and give to you. All you really need to but is the cage, wheel, and water bowl. And that'll probably be a grand total of $25-$30. Good luck!

You can make bin cages which give ALOT of room for the syrians, (Syrian hamsters *need* a good amount of floor space to move about, *and* a wheel, without them getting these things they are at risk of cage paralysis) and they are very cheap. Here is info on building a bin cage:

http://www.hamster-heaven.com/cgi-bi...num=1109532059