Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes your dog special?

What makes your dog special?

My maltese Tango is special in millions of ways. I could use the whole day detailing why I love that dog the way I do. I will just name of few for the sake of time. He greets me at the door, there is nothing better than coming home to someone that is happy to see you. Tango's personality is the greatest, he wins the hearts of all those that enter my home. Tango is smart (he does lots of tricks) and he has his little ways of showing me that he loves me and that he is happy. Dog's are one of God's greatest gifts. I call Tango my furry child, isn't that silly?

Re: What makes your dog special?

Originally posted by lovemymaltese
    I call Tango my furry child, isn't that silly?

NO! OF COURSE NOT! We have no children so my dogs are my children!
    And you ask, what makes them special? Well....

Angus, is the most loving, loyal and fun dog, but he also likes to lay back & take it easy or sleep! He is pretty much up for doing whatever you want, run or rest, it's all the same to him! And I know, no matter what, he would protect me from anyone who would think of harming me. He's almost 11 now, so, hopefully we get to have him around for a few years (quite a few more!), because I can't even imagine what I would do without him.

Now Roxey, she's a totally different story!
    What makes her special for one thing is that she is helping mend the hole left in my heart after the loss of our Keisha Monster.
    She loves to wake me up in the morning by jumping on the side of the bed (which maby isn't such a great thing!), and if I won't move, she'll root under the covers until I get up! We really have a very strong bond. I guess because I've babied her so much, more than I did the other 2.

Well, I don't know if I really said why they are both so special to me, but they definately are!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

What makes mine, and all dogs so special is their immeasureable, unbridled love for life! Every day they greet the world with such joy and anticipation! Every day is an adventure; they treasure and make the most of every single one. They never seem to have a bad day! Even when they are sick or feeling poorly, they try SO hard to give it a go! And of course, each and every day they show me how much they love me, just the way I am! I can't help but smile just looking at their loving faces. How I love my "kids!" And not having any human kids of my own, they truly are my children!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dixie is very special because she gives me unconditional love all the time. She is my heart dog and has bonded to me in a way that is just too phenominal to describe. She is a once in a lifetime gift! She understands my moods and is always there to cheer me when I need it or to act silly with me when I want. She is everything in a dog that a person could want.

Dusty is special because he is a part of Dixie! I was there the second he appeared in this world and have loved and nutured him since that time. I have watched him grow from a 15 3/8 ounce bundle of joy to a handsome regal 75 pound male. He is a character and knows how to ring me around his paw just with his melting eyes. He makes me laugh continually at his playful behavior. He is my most obedient dog ever!!!

I can not imagine life without my pups. They are truly a gift from God. And I don't think it's a mistake that DOG spelled backwards spells GOD! Even GOD recognizes the special bonds that only DOGS can fill in our lives!!! Thank you Lord for these gifts called Dixie and Dusty!

There are too many to count. Every one of our dogs is special, each in his/her own way!! I'd be here forever!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

What is Special about Buddy ? EVERYTHING !!!
    I am in love with my dog. Our relationship is the best
    thing I've ever experienced since being full time Mom
    of my own children. Buddy is like a child in certain ways.
    He is trusting, innocent of "the world", and "loves" me
    unconditionally. He is my Best Friend. My Buddy.

P.S. I know the " I am in love with my dog" statement
    might brand me as a certified "nut", but I think it's a true
    statement. I'm reading a book called "A pack of Two" ,
    which I feel expresses so well the feelings that living
    with Bud envoke in me. He's a sweetie !!!
    Last edited by lizbud; 05-24-2002 at 09:39 PM.

My dogs are special because they make me HAPPY!!

----<---<--<{(@

Re: What makes your dog special?

BUDDY SMILLES LIKE THIS
    *becca and sadie*

Here's another reason....Star does "this" and all my worries and sadness melt away!

And Cody looks at me like this and I want to cry, I lover her SO much!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra, I love those pictures of Star and Cody, they don't look like they have a care in the world. lol

Daisy is my heart of hearts, and my very own first dog. I am very independent and she is very independent, I love that about her.
    We are the same. She doesn't come to me when I call her and I wouldn't go to anybody if they called me if I was a dog. lol
    She has eyes that would melt snow, when I talk to her if I'm sad she listens, when I tell her how happy I am she listens.
    She greets all the people she knows with kisses and lots of love, she is very wary of people she doesn't know and if they give her a cookie she spits it on the ground. If I was a dog I would want to be like her and if she was a person I think she would like to be like me.
    We have a mutual admiration society of two. We are very best friends and I love her with all of my heart.
    Jackie
    Of course I love Perry too, but that's another story, he loves his Daddy with all his heart.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that considers my liitle pup a child. I could not imagine life without DOGS!!!

Originally posted by lizbud

P.S. I know the " I am in love with my dog" statement
    might brand me as a certified "nut", but I think it's a true
    statement. I'm reading a book called "A pack of Two" ,
    which I feel expresses so well the feelings that living
    with Bud envoke in me. He's a sweetie !!!

You are absolutely NOT a nut, Liz! We all feel the same way. I have loved every dog that has ever been a part of my life, but there is something special about your own dog, isn't there? When we got Kaycee (RB), she was already seven years old, but she quickly became our "heart dog", and loved Helen and me totally, and we loved her right back.

And I think you're right about "Pack of Two".... reading that book just solidified what I already knew about my special relationship with my girls. What a great book. If any of you haven't read it, it would be worth your while to do so.

As for Honey and Lilly, we picked them, and that in itself, makes them special to us. But the love that just pours out of them for us makes them even more special. Those wagging tails that knock down everything in sight, just because we walk in a room, those "smiling" faces (they really do smile ) and their pure exuberance about life, running, playing, and even lying around....all of it makes me happy. I think anyone who hasn't experience the pure love of a dog is missing out totally!!!

I am not sure I can put into words how special my dogs are to me...I have looked at this thread mant times and just not been able to respond becuase of that...but I'll try!

Sadie is amazing. She is by my side whereever I go, always ready to give kisses, play or listen to me complain. She is the sweetest most loving dog. The happiness you can see in her face when you come in the room is awesome. Her ears perk up, the tail starts going and she gets this huge smile.

Cincy is our clown! She is very sweet and loving, but more independent then her sister. She is completely happy to lay onthe floor and chew on a bone, but will give it up just as quick for a belly rub. You never quite know what Cincy is going to do, but you can be sure she will make you laugh when she does it!

Sadie's smile:

Cincy takin a break...
    [IMG]//www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pd4220a67082662ff47c1626f2a6c5dd1/fdcb6352.jpg[/IMG]

hmmmmm

Every thing about CHewy is special....she is loyal and is always there for me, and the way she cocks her head when you talk to her and shes thinkin.."what in the world is she talkin about"makes my days brighter and how she is sooo happy to see me when i get back home and she comes jumpin up to great me at the door....theres many more things that makes her special to me........well i g2g t2e1l
    ~Kay&Chewy~

FCA(Future Cledus's of America)
    FTC(Future Twister Chaser)
    FCR(Frer. Critter Ranch)
    FFA(Future Farmers of America)

da pooches

Addie's introduction to the world was abusive and harsh, yet she has forgiven the the human race that starved her, beat her, and threw her away. She has so much love to give. She is sooooo sweet, happy, trusting ,and full of kisses! It takes a remarkable dog to forgive such cruelties and be so generous with her lov'n.

Jake is special because he's Jake. He's sweet and innocent and has never had a care in the world.