Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! I've tried everything to make my cat stop biting me!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    She will run up to me, and just latch onto me and start clawing and biting, wanting to wrestle and play. (It gets MUCH worse when the fleas get bad on her, I bathe her every couple weeks with anti-flea shampoo)
    This part here may be a clue as to why your kitty isn't affectionate and is biting your hands.

Your cat being bitten by fleas is like us being bitten by mosquitoes. It's very annoying and can make us very aggrevated. If you are seeing the fleas and you have been having problems with them repeatedly, then you have a MUCH bigger flea problem than you realize.

Bathing with flea shampoo is only killing the visable fleas on the cat at that exact moment. It's doing nothing for the main flea population at all. Only 5% of the flea population is visable as adult fleas, the rest are immature stages that are darn near invisible they are so small. A single female flea lays 2,000 eggs in her lifetime!!

No only is your cat enduring being bitten constantly but every few weeks enduring a bath, which most cats dislike intensely! This may also have something to do with why your kitty attacks your hands.

Get some Frontline PLUS, or Advantage and use it EVERY 30 days for at least a year and you'll get control over the fleas. These products not onlyl kill the adult (visable) fleas, but also stop the eggs from hatching into adult fleas.

It's much better for your kitty to endure an application of flea medicine that works once a month than to endure a bath that doesn't work every few weeks. If you stop using the flea meds too early as soon as you aren't seeing fleas anymore, I can guarantee you that your flea problem will return and you will have wasted your money on what you did do.

Stop the wrestling, get your flea problem under control, and then worry about the affectionate part when she comes around.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Aw, poor thing. I didn't realize she has fleas. Yes, Catlady711 is right on. Get rid of those fleas. The poor little girl is miserable!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You Can TRAIN Cats

You are momma cat...so hiss, growl, bump, grab the back of the neck...but you must let your cat know the behavior is unacceptable...more gentle...blow air at cats nose, use spray bottle,...what should eventually happen.....you just looking at him/her or saying a certain phrase to be used only when correcting a behavior that you don't like should be enough for the cat to go into displacement mode...like any young cat training must begin the first day at home...so don't give up considering kitty has had gotten away with this bad behavior....just like children- consistent and fair.