Thread: Help for kittycats_delight please!

Help for kittycats_delight please!

First of all, my apologies for not being around much. Things have been a bit crazy and I have no computer access at work anymore. Anyway, I got an e-mail from (Michelle) kittycats_delight, not very good news and she could use your help........

"Vixen & Phoenix went to the vet this morning to get combo tested for FIV & FeLv. Vixen is Felv positive. I don't know what to do. Could you do me a huge favor and ask some advise for me on PT? Let everyone know she is not ill right now but I want to know if anyone knows of somethings I can do to help keep her healthy as long as possible".

Does anyone have any advice to offer? If you could please reply and I will check back soon and forward your thoughts to her.

Thank you all in advance, I sure miss it here and hope to find a way to spend more time soon.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Oh how I wish we could get Michele to post here again. I truly miss her. (and WHO may I ask is Phoenix???) Seems like someone got a new kitty and did not tell me.

Now as for Vixen...................First off, I am so sorry. It really is scary news.

I think the most important thing to do is work closely with the vet. (and if your current vet isn't helpful enough, then find another. You need SUPPORT and information and some vets will just say "put her down".)

I can't really give any advice as I have never dealt with feline leukemia. But I wich her all the best and if any info drifts my way, she will be the firwst to know.

Sne along some {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} from me.

I had a cat with feline leukemia who lived for almost 7 years and was mostly well for all those years. She was a foster kitten but when I had the litter tested both she and her tiny brother tested positive. I kept them both for the rest of their lives. Sesat was a little more likely to come down with a virus from another cat, usually her big brother who was negative, and she needed some extra time on antiobiotics, but she fought off everything very strongly. She was active and playful, and had a wonderful life. When the end came, it was very fast, and that's what I've heard from a few other people who have had cats with feline leukemia.

I kept her with my other adult cats since she showed no signs of her illness (so, not actively shedding the virus), and at my vet's advice and none of them got the illness from her. They all lived long lives and one of them celebrated her 20th birthday in June.

Besides good food, good vet care, and lots of attention, I think what helped keep Sesat healthy was that she was never separated from me. I never took a vacation and she never had to stay overnight at the vet. I talked to a vet tech who had had a cat with feline leukemia when I first found out about Sesat, and she said that every time she went away on a trip she would come back to find her cat very sick. Also, a woman at work came back from her week's honeymoom to find her FeLV+ cat, who had never been ill before, severely ill and he died a week later.

My best wishes to Michelle that Vixen has years of healthy and enjoyable living ahead of her.

We are sorry to hear that Vixen is not well, and all the Found Cats send thier MEEOWS and PRAYERS to her.
    And we would love to see Phoenix, her new Friend.
    We would all love to see Michele again on Pet Talk, and send Our Love To Michele, Guido, Vixen and Phoenix.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Help for kittycats delight

What devastating news All I can offer is many prayers for little Vixen and they are being prayed. Please keep us up on this?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I really miss Michele. I hope she can come back and post soon. I send complete vibes and prayers to Vixen, aswell as her, Guido, and Phoenix.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    Oh how I wish we could get Michelle to post here again.
    I couldn't agree with your more Jen. I was just thinking about Michelle the other day. I miss her very much. In fact, if someone could enlighten me as to the reason for her not being able to post, I would appreciate it. I have been trying to do a search and just can't find anything.

I'm am so, so sorry to hear about her precious Vixen. There is alot of reading on FELV, if she is able to do a research on it.

Lizzie's post was very incouraging to read. I pray that Vixen is able to have years ahead of her.

Please let Michelle know how much she is missed and please send her my love and ((((((HUGS))))))

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've never had to deal with this disease so I don't have any advice. I hope that Vixen will be able to live a long, happy life. I think that keeping any kind of stress out of her life will also help her. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Hi everyone! Thank you all so very much for your replies. I have forwarded them to Michelle and will check back in case their are any new ones.

She is hoping to be able to get back on line very soon. They are still getting settled in and she doesn't have the use of a computer very often. The have internet cafe's, but most of the time she is using her cell phone.

Anyway, thanks to all and Michelle misses everyone as well!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Michelle, I am sorry that there is not much help from this side as I have no experience. I hear however that FELV doesn't have to break out and I wish you Vixen and Phoenix all the best. We miss you here- and I am stillusing the avatar you made for us

I just got her email about this too.....oh I am so sad to hear that Vixen is not doing well. I hope and pray that it's just a false positive. I will be so worried! I miss Michelle so much, but she did tell me that she's hoping to be back online soon.

P.S. Phoenix is their new cat that they rescued. Here's a picture:

my michelle, not sure what to say but posting prayers and know I (and we all) are still, have been thinking of you! I can't believe in this september (next month) will be a year you've not been here! gee, come back soon!!

everyone, I also got email from her - she just lost her hubby, guido's baby, micia (cat) and she sounded sad last time I heard from her. please send thoughts/good vibes for their good luck - I know they would looove and appreeeciate them a lot! in despite for not being on pet talk for so long - and hopefully they'll get around pet talk very soon.

here's a bit more about their dear Micia ..

Let me tell you a little about Micia. She was only 9 years old but she was grossly overweight. She weighed about 25 lbs and had a fairly petite bone structure. She was not a happy cat. Due to her weight she was quite uncomfortable most of the time. Guido's dad was a big problem for Micia's weight as everytime she cried he feed her and that was a huge issue for her. When we came I took over care of Micia. And she started to become less moody. And would even play sometimes. Her favorite toy was a catnip mouse Gary (catmandu) had sent to Lilith and Vixen in Canada. Her favorite place was in my bedroom and she became quite trusting and would actually sleep belly up but only in my room. She got sick and I was giving her needles twice a day for 5 days. The last day was horrible. She was in horrible pain and she was so cold. She wanted me with her continually. I hardly slept that night. My hand had to be on her at all times. We took her to the vet and he was quite shocked she was still alive. He said she was dying but was fighting to stay alive. She had hardly any circulation of blood, her heart was hardly beating and she was laboring to breathe. We let her go but I held her the whole time. The vet did an autopsy and found a tumor on the bottom of her heart. It was a young tumor. Only 6 weeks at most but very aggressive. So basically there was nothing we could do. We have her a happier and more loving last few moths of her life so we have to feel a kitle comfort in that. I know since we have been her Micia's life was better and I have her that and more love than she had ever known. So I know when she went to the RB she knew she was loved. I couldn't do anymore unfortunately. By the way the name Micia means girl kitty.

so sad. rest, run peacefully & sleep softly sweet micia and will be thinking of you all.
    (((((dearest delight family)))))

..gina's ark

p.s. michelle gave me her home address, if anybody wants to write her, PM me, okay?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..