View Poll Results: Should we have one big "Help" thread?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 74.19%
  • No

8 25.81%

Thread: One big thread?

One big thread?

I was wondering if we should have just one big "sticky" thread that tells how to post a picture, signature, video, etc. I have been looking, and there are SO MANY threads on how to post an image, and I thought maybe Karen could make one big sticky thread in here or General. It would be so much easier for us and those who don't know how to post an image or video, because:

For us, it would be alot easier to read the forums
    For those who don't know how to post a certain something, they could just post in that thread and it could be answered and added to the original post.

I just think it would be alot easier!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

I think that's one of the things town hall is accually for, but a lot of newbies don't think to ask their questions here......

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Ha ha, as new member since August, I was just going to ask if it would be possible to use the "sticky" to have all the instructions together at the top in one place at "Town Hall." I haven't figured out how to do an avatar, can't get pics within text, can't get pics in my signature, etc. And I scroll and scan and read until I'm crosseyed, and then I'm bummed because I wanted to be reading about pets, not techie stuff. So today I see someone else also suggested putting the instructions together in one place as a group of stickies. I LIKE THE IDEA! In case you didn't notice!

Oh, I am editting this. I just spent half an hour reading through how to resize a pic for an avatar; upload it to photobucket or zoto - I had never heard of either, so I went to look at both of those. Then, at the last minute, I see this is for folks with digital cameras. I don't have one. I use my 35 mm, then after developing I scan in the pics I want to use on PT. So I think I just wasted half an hour. grrrr. If not, then I don't know enough to realize that either.

Freedom, you haven't wasted any time. After you've scanned in your pictures, you can still upload them to a photo hosting site, just make sure they're the right format.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm in favour! I think it would be easier for newbies and residents alike.

Zimbabwe 07/13