Thread: Can't stand this

Can't stand this

I just need to get this off my chest! I can't sleep, my back is killing me. I helped my best friend move and on the first load my back gave out. I have tried everything. I have a dr's appointment on the 27th I am gonna have to say something to him because it is happening too often now. Please pray it isn't anything like my dad's problems. Dad has degenerative disc disease, arthritis in his spine and rods holding his spine together. He is in so much pain. It scares me. I feel awful going to mom and dad's and crying because it hurts me so bad. I can't imagine what he is going through.

Thanks for listening!
    Michelle

Ouch I'm sorry, you'll be in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

Thank you! It certainly stinks that is for sure!
    Michelle

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Nothing can incapacitate you quicker
    than back pain. Can you get a dr. visit sooner? I have occasional sciatica
    pain in the lower back. I know it can stop you cold. Hope you feel better
    soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nothing worse than back pain, I have seen friend suffer though it. Good luck with the doctor's visit, and don't be deterred from getting a real diagnosis and treatement - but if the pain is so bad, I'd call and ask if you can come in today. The 27th is a very long way away, and you don;t need to live in pain that long.

Aside from child birth, back pain is excrutiating!!!! No position is comfortable, ya can't sleep. I'd get to the doctor. You might have herniated a disk.

Please go see the doctor. Your back is nothing to fool around with.

Good luck honey! You'll be in my prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Aside from child birth, back pain is excrutiating!!!! No position is comfortable, ya can't sleep. I'd get to the doctor. You might have herniated a disk.

Please go see the doctor. Your back is nothing to fool around with.

Good luck honey! You'll be in my prayers.
    Thank you! Today was horrible! I am going to give it until tomorrow and may call. It does this and lasts about a week then goes away this time is just worse
    Michelle

oh i'm so sorry, i hope you don't have that condition thingy!
    *~*chelsea*~*

**Thanks, ashleycat, i love the siggys!!!**

~chelsea* && Timber, George, Fred, & Hammie.
    (Skipper too! )
    [CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Georgia][B]

Take it from one who knew 30+ years of agonizing back pain, you need to call your doctor and get an earlier appointment. You need to cry if you have to, but tell them that you can't sleep, move etc. I was always lucky to be fit right in. With my insurance, I don't need a referral, so I was able to go to an orthopedic and neurologist immediately.
    Now, you may have only severely strained your back. I know I still forget to bend at the knees when lifting (shame on me). Nevertheless, your spine is chock full of discs and nerve endings etc. For temporary relief, try putting a pillow under your knees when you sleep or lay down. Moist heat may help, as well as ibruprofen.
    Oh Jesh, i hope I don't get in trouble for giving medical advise without a shingle hanging on my door!
    Anyway, you have my sympathy. In Jan 2005, I had cervical (neck) surgery and in June 2005, I had spine surgery. I'm sorry your dad is still suffering. Except for having to be a bit careful, I am almost completely pain free and feel terrific!
    I hope you feel better soon!

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I hurt my left shoulder last month and have also been in a lot of pain so I can kind of relate to what you're going through. I also couldn't see a physical therapist right away so I called and luckily they had a much sooner opening so I got right in. I hope that you'll be able to to see a doctor much sooner too. Just keep calling and be persistant.

My dad also suffers from a degenerated disc in his back and is sometimes in a lot of pain. He also has osteo arthritis and I think I do too. It sure is painful getting old. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Please take care.