Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG, there's a lump between Luna's shoulder blades!!! (Update Aug. 15)

OMG, there's a lump between Luna's shoulder blades!!! (Update Aug. 15)

I'm sitting here with tears running down my face, and I'm almost freaking out here.

An hour ago, Luna was lying next to me and I petted her, it was the most peaceful moment you can imagine, when I suddenly felt a mass between her shoulder blades. It's a lump about the size of a thumbnail, it's below the fat tissue, and it's movable.

What if it's a vaccine related fibrosarkoma? I'm not ready to lose my heart kitty, she's only 6 years old!!! And she's been through so much already! Now it looks like she's going to have another surgery! My poor girl!!! It breaks my heart just to look at her!! I was so happy that she had no more bladder problems lately.

Why Luna? She never did any harm to anyone, she's just sweet and innocent, and she doesn't deserve this! It's just not fair, all this is just not fair!!!! I know I love Luna too much, and that I will be punished for this one day.

I will take her to the vet tomorrow after work. Unfortunately, my vet is on vacation, so I have to go to another one.

Please keep my Luna in your thoughts,

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 08-15-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Lumps are scary, I know, but most of them turn out to be benign. You are veering straight off into the worst case scenario, as we all would in your place, but chances are that it's not what you fear. I thought lumps were less likely to be the bad kind if they are moveable? It's when they are attached that they are more likely to be something nasty.

Let Luna calm you, she's not worrying. If you get upset, then so will she. Sending positive thoughts and best wishes for the check-up.

Of course Luna will be in my thoughts, and you.

I know it is easy to say, but please try not to panic. You won't help Luna or yourself. Lots of love and healthy vibes being sent sweet Luna's way!

I know, and I wish I could be stronger for Luna, but right now, I'm a mess. The moment I noticed the lump, it was like a knife of ice going through my heart.

I try to tell myself that movable lumps are the good ones, but maybe every lump would be movable in Luna's fat tissue? I don't know...

Her last rabies vaccination is 4 years ago, her last leukemia shot 3 years (as these diseases are not so dangerous for indoor cats without feline contacts), and those are the ones that may cause sarkoma.

Is it possible that injections (like antibiotic shots) cause a lipoma, or an abcess? Luna got lots of these shots because of her bladder problems.

Kirsten

Has she recently got a shot there?

Simba (although canine) got a shot on his hip a month or so ago. He had a bump for a few weeks because of it and it's very common. It finally went away.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well, the last shot may be three months ago. During the last winter, she got many shots there because of her UTIs.

I don't know for how long the lump is already there, it's hard to feel as it's sometimes hidden under her right shoulder blade.

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten! ((((HUGS)))) I can only imagine how you feel.... I am praying its only a fatty tumor like Nicki has. They shift around too and the vet says they are perfectly harmless. I don't know how common they are in cats but they are very common in dogs, so I'll pray thats all it is.

Precious had a lump in more or less the same spot, and it came off, no problem at all.
    That was 4 years ago, and theres been no problem since.
    We pray that Luna will be well, and there will be no problem with her either.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Now don't worry too much just yet.

Luna will be in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Kirsten!!! I am sure by the time you read this, you will have already called your vet and talked about the lump. HOPEFULLY, you have been reassured that everthing is OK. PLease let us know what happens!! Prayers for both Luna and YOU!!!(((((((hugs, too!)))))))) Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!

Prayers for Luna that this lump is benign and nothing to worry about, just like my lump was. It's heart wrenching I know, but until you have reason to worry try to be calm. Upseting Luna is the last thing you want to do. Prayers to help you get thru this as it is truly awful to find a lump on your pet. Hugs for you and Luna. Please take care.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    oh, (((HUGS))) I know how you feel, Jenny has one too.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

((((HUGS))))
    I will pray it is nothing.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Prayers for you and Luna!! We'll be thinking of you.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Kirsten, I sure hope that it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Luna's way.

Several years ago I also noticed a small lump while petting Sunny. I was starting to freak out when I realised that what I was feeling was his microchip. Boy was I relieved. I hope that the lump is just a simple reaction to her recent shots. Please take care.