Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor puppy......(boxer/pit....maybe) **pics are up**

Poor puppy......(boxer/pit....maybe) **pics are up**

Today morning as I was leaving my house I spotted a white very skiny (well you could see all bones ) boxer/pit puppy. he was just laying in the sun, probably to heat up cause the night was a bit cold and rainy......I felt bad and went back home to grab some food to give to him (oddly i always carry some treats for passer-by dogs, but I had to give more food this time)........and oh my...... other than obviously being hungry, he was such a happy boy!! he literally jumped to me in joy and I wanna think in gratefullness...........if I keep spotting him I will provide for him, as I don´t know if he already has a home cause he´s a puppy maybe 4 months or he is just a stray........I can´t take him in........he fits through the fence so he would get out just like that...... he also has water

in one way I wish he is a stray, I couldn´t bear someone left that joyfull, happy puppy to his own destiny

I have some pics, they are quite graphic in the way to make you teary, unfortunately, I forgot my USB so I can´t upload them to the comp, maybe tomorrow if you check back I´ll be uploading them for you to see.......

I uploaded the pics here and also as a separate post a bit further so anyone who just reads this first time doesn´t has to search for them in the thread
    now that I look at the pics it looks more like an 7-9 monther than a 4 as I said first

Last edited by Husky_mom; 08-08-2006 at 12:50 PM.
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Husky_mom, You're an Angel!!!!

But, please let me know how graphic the pictures are. If he is jumping and taking in food and water, I take it he is just very thin!!!! (maybe looks too thin?)

It's so generous for you to feed the puppy. It sounds like he really needs it. Maybe you should give the animal control or the Humane Society a call to see if anyone has lost him?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Maybe you should give the animal control or the Humane Society a call to see if anyone has lost him?
    that sounds like the right thing to do, but trust me if I did, even if he had owners he would be PTS as soon as he got there, here if you report a stray dog, unless he has tags or the such they just don´t bother with them......he has better chance to get someone to take him in than calling animal control....

and the only HS that "cares" about them is already swamped so i don´t think they´ll take him in too.......

I´ll keep looking for him though
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom
    that sounds like the right thing to do, but trust me if I did, even if he had owners he would be PTS as soon as he got there, here if you report a stray dog, unless he has tags or the such they just don´t bother with them......he has better chance to get someone to take him in than calling animal control....

and the only HS that "cares" about them is already swamped so i don´t think they´ll take him in too.......

I´ll keep looking for him though
    Oh. Okay

I also posted the same pics on top on the first post so anyone can see them without having to search for them

now that I look at the pics it looks more like an 7-9 monther than a 4 as I said first

i saw him last night but not today morning, let´s see how it goes tonight

notes-to-my-husband blog

the poor baby. can you take him to the vet? we had a pointer that came in that was either starved or a stray for a very long time.. he was fostered for 3 months but his health didn't improve (he lost 5 lbs in a week) so he had to be put down. plus you don't want to feed him too much too fast as dogs like this, they'll throw it up.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh thats terrible. I hope he gets better and finds a nice home

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Oh my god. That's so sad.. I think he does look like a Boxer x Pit, he reminds me of Roxy..
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

He looks really skinny. He could be homeless and/or sick. Poor thing.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Oh Dear Me, He is worse then I imagined . That breaks my heart. I hope you do see him again.

Oh, that poor dog If you can't keep her, please try to do the next
    best and humane thing by contacting your Shelter or Humane Society to
    take her in. Being alone to starve or become a victim of abuse is a horrible
    fate for any animal.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

OMGosh, Isabel, that poor pup really does need veterinary care. I think it is wonderful that you are trying to help him, but he is sooo skinny, I really think he needs more than just some food and water at this point. Poor baby. Thanks for caring about him, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    OMGosh, Isabel, that poor pup really does need veterinary care. I think it is wonderful that you are trying to help him, but he is sooo skinny, I really think he needs more than just some food and water at this point. Poor baby. Thanks for caring about him, I hope he gets the help he needs.
    I agree.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Eeek, poor baby! You should definetley take him to the vet. And since he can fit through your fence, well, first of all, how big is your yard? And I thought you had kennels for your dogs? Maybe, instead of leaving him out there for the pound to get, you should buy some kind of cable or chain and keep him in your backyard? If you can't get one, I would definetley be willing to send one of mine to you.