Thread: Please help me save this poor old boy

Please help me save this poor old boy

I have volunteered to adopt the partially sighted elderly cat in a New Jersey shelter who is due to be put to sleep tomorrow morning. I responded to the poster of the original mail that I would adopt but the cat needed to stay in temporary accomodation until I could arrange transportation. I need to appeal to PT'ers also. Can anyone in the New Jersey area keep this poor old boy until I can get him on the road to me? We have a very limited time to help him.

Original thread is: http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110216

Thank you
    Liz

where in NJ? I'm in camden county...maybe I can help? Is he ok with dogs?

Thanks Anita Cholaine for the awesome siggy!

I am not sure because the original email that I recieved doesn't say where in NJ
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperFlower
    where in NJ? I'm in camden county...maybe I can help? Is he ok with dogs?
    Thank you for responding, it makes me feel more hopeful. Can we exchange phone numbers by pm and/or personal email addresses so that I can get hold of you when I hear back from the person who posted the appeal?

Pm'd you my addy...if you get anymore info, email me and then we'll talk.

Thanks Anita Cholaine for the awesome siggy!

Keep me in mind too. I am not in NJ but I am in PA close to their border. That cat could still be VERY far from me, but you never know. Maybe they can bring him closer to me if they know he will eventually go to a good home.

Lizzie, I went ahead and replied to the person who sent the email in hopes she could get in contact with janice to let her know you want Ralph. I am worried that they won't get the message in time. I think they should leave some more contact info when time is so short like in this situation. Hopefully you will hear from her. I guess I could do a google of all the shleters in NJ and see if I could find him that way.
    Melissa

Here is a ralph but don't know if this one is it or not

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6251016

I will keep looking for more ralph's

I don't think it's this Ralph since he's only an adult and has both eyes.

Melissa - many thanks for helping me on this, your help is invaluable. I'm at work (fortunately my boss is out today) and I keep dashing to this site and my personal email site as often as I can get away. I'm staying late so I can get a faster drive home and therefore less time out of the email loop.

And thanks to you too, Jen. With so much PT support, surely we can find this guy and get him "home".

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    Keep me in mind too. I am not in NJ but I am in PA close to their border. That cat could still be VERY far from me, but you never know. Maybe they can bring him closer to me if they know he will eventually go to a good home.

The Found Cats are sending prayers that Ralph, actually both Ralphs can find themselves the Furr Ever Homes that they deserve.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

ok, this is hard looking at all the cats needing homes. I knew one would catch my eye and this one did.
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6675128

I just went to the Petfinders site and did the search for a senior male cat named Ralph and checked off special needs. The results came back that there was no cat that matched!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I was doing exactly the same thing, though not the same cat, I was only looking at seniors.

Anyway, Ralph found a home in New Jersey. I just posted on the other thread. Now I have to race around and finish all the work I didn't do earlier so I can go home to all the cats I have already.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittleky
    ok, this is hard looking at all the cats needing homes. I knew one would catch my eye and this one did.
    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=6675128