Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

O.K. I had my dog since the start of the year now and we have bonded together very much. My dog is very cute and when he goes for his walks it is more like a sprint, but that's all right for me. At the start of the year however we walked past a few houses and all is good until one day when he stops when we past a house and won't go past it. He tries to go into his back yard and I don't let him (of course). This happened unprovoked and there is nothing special about this house. It is always a struggle to get him around the house and so I just walked around it. But is what he is doing normal?

I would assume its normal, maybe he senses something about the house. When we first got our pup I worked in the country and took him on daily walks to the busstop but when I would walk him around my house in the city he would get skiddish. There were two beagle pups in a yard barking at him and he refused to go even near the sidewalk of the house, slowly he got over it but it got to the point where we had to walk on the other side of the road til we passed the house and then we were fine. Not exactly sure what it is.

He doesn't want to go past the house but he does want to go to the backyard of that house? Did I get that right?

How old is he? Is he neutered? There maybe an unspayed female at that house and he smells her in the backyard. If he's not neutered I'd get him neutered as soon as possible.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Lightbulb

Yes It is! My dog does that all the time. Alls you do is say go and I wil get you a treat! Happliy he will go and he'll get the treat!

THE END
    Everyone should be treated like a dog!!