Thread: Does anyone else have an English Springer Spanial??

Does anyone else have an English Springer Spanial??

I need some grooming advice. Lou Lou's hair between her pads gets so long, what's the best way to trim it, what tools do you use? What do you do for ear maintance? She seems to squat low to the ground when she goes pee, so she gets pee on her back end. She she have a bath once a week or is that to often? What have you found to be the best way to dry her off, she seems to stay soaked for awhile? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Heather

I have raised springers for years unfornatly I don't have one now,but I willtry to answer your questions. Maybe some of the groomers here can answer with better tips but this is what I do.
    Feet I just use nose hair sissors and trimmed the hair even with the pad. I leave the hair in side cuz I know how short hair itches. Ears I shaved the ear underneath to about a third of the length. leaving the lovely long ears. The rear feathers never had that problem but maybe trim around her outer gental area fo keep it shorter.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Thank you! I play fetch with a tennis ball daily with Lou Lou, have you found another activity that Springer tend to love. We also go for walks daily and she plays in the fenced in yard with our other dog alot. I just want to make sure we keep up with her activity level. She is very high energy.

i have an english springer spaniel... my dog snowball has the same problem when her furr gets too long... when she goes to the bathroom it ends up partially on here... i usually take her to the groomers... they dont cost much around here... or i have a friend do it... i dont really know what tools to use though... after 9 years i dont know...

~*Becky*~

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky