Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am at your mercy and I need help

I am at your mercy

Some decisions are painful to make. It's clear from your post that you're agonizing over your kitties, you want the best for them and you feel like you're at a loss for options. Those of us who love our pets as much as you love yours understand where you're coming from and would never criticize your decision. It gets even harder when the stress starts to affect your family life and your health. The only things I can offer you is my support, sympathy, and prayers that a positive solution will come your way. Please take care of your own self and let us know how things play out. [[[HUGS]]]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    My memory fails me...........didn't the girls COME from a rescue group? Is there a contract that says they will take them back?
    No, Sushi and Kirin (the boys) came from a rescue. Maya and Kimi came from PetSmart.

I'm afraid boarding them isn't an option. We simply cannot afford it. A week, maybe. But the housing market isn't such that your house is sold within a day or two like a couple years ago. Our house could be up for sale until November. It could not sell at all. With Aidan starting a new daycare in two weeks that costs more than double what we currently pay for it, there is just no way we can afford to board the two girls for God only knows how long. And I'm sorry, but it just feels to me like that would only be putting a bandaid on a huge wound. Maya's issue isn't with the house, it isn't with Josh, it isn't with Aidan, it is with me. I'm going to the new house so the problems would follow us there. Not to mention that Kirin would still be tormenting the hell out of poor Kimi.

I am so sorry that you have to do this.

Where are you located?

Do the girls need to go to a home together?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Puppy
    No, Sushi and Kirin (the boys) came from a rescue. Maya and Kimi came from PetSmart.
    OK, but WHO puts the cats at your Petsmart adoption center? I know Petsmart doesn't SELL them, so someone (some group) had to put them there for adoption?

I am sorry to say, but rehoming cats is never fast. You will simply have to try to get the word out through as many places as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    I am so sorry that you have to do this.

Where are you located?

Do the girls need to go to a home together?
    We're in Maryland.

They don't HAVE to go together but it would be a major plus. They've never been separated and are the best of friends.

I was hoping you were closer, I know of someone who is looking for a female white cat.

I will see if I can find anyone in your area to help you.

Have you tried posting on the Petfinder message boards? If not then I would post there asking for a no-kill rescue group to take them.

Also, have you searched on Petfinder for all no-kill rescue groups in Maryland and surrounding states and contacted them? I would definetly do that, even if they can't take them in they definetly will be able to point you in some kind of direction.

I'm sorry to hear this, what a hard situation. Is there any way you could put them in a large dog crate or something while you are away? You could put food and a litter box in there, and if they didn't go in the litter box it'd still be in the crate not in the floor. That way you wouldn't have the expense of boarding either, and when you are home you could let them out and watch them. Just a suggestion, I hope everything works out for you, Kimi, and Maya.

I really wish I could help, I'm also in Maryland, but my cats and dogs are all indoor/outdoor (large fenced yard for the dogs - cats don't pay much attention to fences but don't really travel). I don't even have a totally separate room I could keep them in. Wolf_Q's suggestion might be at least a temporary solution while we put all our heads together and go searching for something permenant.

I can feel your agony in your post. I wish I could offer some advice or help, but I just wanted you to know that you and the kitties are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope something is able to work out for the best for everyone involved. {{hugs}}
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

This must be an awful decision to make, I wish I could be of some help.

If you could board or foster them until you move would that work for you or do you want to find them a permanent home now?

Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_spoiled
    If you could board or foster them until you move would that work for you or do you want to find them a permanent home now?
    My heart says temporary. But my head knows that permanent would be better for all involved.

I can well understand and sympathise with your awful situation, and how heartbreaking it must be for you, i also understand the stress you are feeling, but re-homing is not that easy, if they have nice purrsonalities and no real issues your'e chances will be better, I can only wish you all the best and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and a good outcome for you all, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Did you try the faxing?

I think the idea of a large dog kennel with all her goodies inside would be an idea. Can you borrow one from the HS or your vet or someone?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda