Thread: Too Funny ! Mack is afraid of the Ocean

Too Funny ! Mack is afraid of the Ocean

I think this is his first experience with the ocean, I hope that the more we encourage the water the more he will want to enjoy it.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    ...... Is he scared of water too, or just the ocean. I remember Jen really didn't like the waves until she got used to them. ( Now she jumps through them with me! )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Im not sure right now, Havent tested him in a lake as of yet.
    He loves to drink out of the hose, although doesnt like to get sprinkled with the water.

I honestly believe that it is simply the waves, because once the tide started backing off , he wanted to get close to the water. He still wouldnt get in it, but kept going for it.

Aww the big scaredy mush needs hugs. He'll probably warm up to it soon enough. With Autumn I had to go out a good lenght and then she came in the water because she didn't want to be left behind.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

i think most dogs are scared of the water... at least at first! or at least that's been my experience. unless of course, you are talking about the water dog breeds - spaniels and such/

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Aww the big scaredy mush needs hugs. He'll probably warm up to it soon enough. With Autumn I had to go out a good lenght and then she came in the water because she didn't want to be left behind.
    I think your right , If we all had gotten in the water , then I think he would have wanted to come in, but someone had to take the pics, lol

Although we took turns trying to bring him in the water. We even used treats, he wasnt fooled. Very interested, but not this time.

Red face Cutee

OOO how cute! I love the ocean so does my pup! How Cute that's all i could say
    Everyone should be treated like a dog!!

Hopefully he'll warm up to the idea soon, it's getting so hot. We live in Michigan on the lake so we try to take Bower down to the lake but he doesn't seem interested because of the waves. We also went I think a little early this year and the water wasn't warm enough. We thought about taking him on the boat but want to wait until he enjoys the water more AND until we can find a big enough doggie preserver to fit him...our friend has a little jack russel and he is sooooo cute with his preserver on. We are going down to the lake in a little while but this time I am going to take his buddy Oz with us, Oz is a black lab and LOVES the water. Maybe he can coax him in

Could it be the sound of the ocean? Fenway loves the water but hates the ocean only when there are big waves crashing on shore. So I figure its the sound of the big waves breaking that he doesn't like. When it's little waves, he'll put his little paws in it.

He also hates in-ground pools.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

It's hard to say-I think we need a dog whisperer in times like these just kidding. I don't understand why ours doesn't like the water either because he loves bathtime, even when it isn't his bathtime he can't resist a quick swim. I thought it could be the waves too but our waves aren't nearly as large as waves at the ocean so I am now thinking the water was too cold. Plus he is only 7 months and I don't think his foster mommy lived near water.

We Took Mack to the lake yesterday

he was very shy about the water,we threw his favorite toy out, then we both got in the water and tryed to call him in, then we dragged him in a few times he swam just fine, he just swam right back to the shore. The whole time he was swimming we were praising him.

It was really cute, because when we swam out he would go in just far enough that his legs were covered and pawed at the water, then he would bark at the water when it would splash him. He talked up a storm at us, whinning , it almost seemed as if he was lecturing us for dragging him in. I couldnt help but laugh my butt off.

I have some pics of our adventure yesterday, I will upload them soon.

Yeah ! Mack finally jumped in the water today on his own...

We went for a weekend trip downeast today. Mack was running around on the beach and we decided to throw a Stick he was palying with in the ocean and he jumped right in and then he wouldnt get out. He is finally over his fear. It was funny because , he would jumped through the water , when it got to deep , it looked as though he was getting nervous , but he wouldnt give up !

Im so excited for him !

Quote Originally Posted by MacsMommy
    We went for a weekend trip downeast today. Mack was running around on the beach and we decided to throw a Stick he was palying with in the ocean and he jumped right in and then he wouldnt get out. He is finally over his fear. It was funny because , he would jumped through the water , when it got to deep , it looked as though he was getting nervous , but he wouldnt give up !

Im so excited for him !

Golly, We have a lab and she absolutely hates any kind of water!!! Ocean water, lake water, bath water, it is all the same to her! lol.
    Dee
    Take care and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by MacsMommy