Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max's Whole Story...

thanks everyone I love that you are helping me try to find out informatoin

I have been watching this thread for a while now and wasn't going to say a thing. I changed my mind. First off there a few people here on pet talk that know I will be there to rehome an animal FOR THE RIGHT REASONS, to the RIGHT HOME. Max is a throw away to you. Period. You want 2 dogs so desperatley but have no commitment from your own self or your parents. Your Dad is allergic to one not the other then stick with the one. Yet you are determined to find by trial and error with no thought to the chaos you are causing an animal to find a second one. How selfish. Kudos for feeding Max. Have you called GSDRESCUES ? Have you talked to your Dad about antihistamines? Have you spared a thought to how Max will feel? You were advised maybe a Chinese Crested? NOPE they aren't hypo allergenic either, nor are they all hairless. A boxer you say? Hmmmmm Kind of like living with a 90 pound cat/dog they are agile energetic very sheddy and drool. They also don't deserve you. My advice go to Wally world buy a dog add batteries and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    I have no idea where you are getting that boxers are smaller than German shepherds. It's purely an individual basis, and as a rule they are close to the same weight category. Some boxers can be around 90 pounds and not obese.

From AKC.org

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG

BOXER

1 inch shorter if you are comparing the top end of the GSD scale... maybe. and some of course are going to be just as tall as a GSD, some GSDs are shorter than normal. The size difference is very minimal on average, and energy level should have much more to do with confining a dog in small quarters than physical size.
    wow that suprisess me I think I should cross Boxers of my list lol

Sw33t! So you aren't going to get a Boxer sibling with Zoomer and in-breed the heck out of the poor dogs? Praise the lord.

I, too, am kind of icky-feeling after reading all of this. It makes me want to cuddle my dogs and tell them I'm never going to treat them in such a way.

Call GSD rescue, is all I can say. And call Lab rescue, while you're at it.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I'm glad to hear you're crossing the Boxer off your list, but like others have said, I don't feel that you should even be looking into getting another dog yet....really, I'm not intending to be rude, but how do you honestly kow your Dad won't be allergic to the next dog??

Have you checked into GSD rescue organizations yet?

Here's a link to a rescue in Washington (not sure if its close to you or not, but its all I could find at the moment):

Washington German Shepherd Dog Rescue

I'm sure they'd have an easier time choosing the proper home for Max than you will, as they obviously are involved with the breed and can properly screen potential adopters.

No dog is considered non-allergenic because all dogs produce dander, saliva, and urine which are the offending allergens. Any dog who sheds skin, urinates, or licks has the potential to become a problem for an allergic individual. How do you know for certain that your Dad won't be allergic to the next dog you bring home? You will never know unless you bring them home and "test" them with your Dad.

Just keep the dog you have now and quit thinking about getting another dog.

Dander can be controlled on most breeds with the proper diet, bathing, and grooming. Have you even tried switching him to a higher quality food? If you truly love Max you would do everything possible to keep him.

This thread makes me so sad...

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I can only hope and pray that someone will get him that will truly love him and take care of him. He deserves a decent life. He's been through enough already. This story continues to sadden me beyond belief. In my opinion....the last thing you need is another dog
    Well said!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by bckrazy
    Sw33t! So you aren't going to get a Boxer sibling with Zoomer and in-breed the heck out of the poor dogs? Praise the lord.
    We weren't going to, that was already all cleared up