Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: help...

help...

My neighbours just found a dog...or something underneath the tree in our yard. We can;t figure out what it is, it's only the size of my pinky, no fur or anything. The only think we can think of is it's a really tiny puppy. But could it be that small? It did have toe nails, tiny ones. Honestly, it could easily be a mouse [ ] it just doesnt appear to have the same shape and nose and ears as one. It also doesnt have a long tail. (Are mice born with a bit of fur?)Plus, it's already almost the size of a full grown one.. I feel so stupid posting this, but does anyone know if a puppy could be that tiny?

I don't think puppies can be that small, and they are always born with hair. Could it be a baby mole perhaps? Any way you can get a picture?
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    I don't think puppies can be that small, and they are always born with hair. Could it be a baby mole perhaps? Any way you can get a picture?
    Maybe it's really premature? Unfortunately the only cam I have is at my dads house. Moles aren't common around here. I looked up baby mice on the internet and it is definitly not one. Maybe a cat? It's a bit longer than my pinkie in length (just a bit though).

hmm I'm not sure if it's a puppy but maybe you can look on the net and try to find a pic of what it might look like?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Are cats always born with hair?

I'm trying to find a picture. The closet I've gotten is a teacup Chihuahu baby however, even this is so much smaller, and no hair, the face is very similar though.

There's not much I can think of with no hair. A rat maybe? Even a bunny is born with hair. A bat? But that'd be a creepy looking chihuahua
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

that's a baby weasel, does it look like that?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

how strange. i would take it to a vet and see what it is.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Okay
    It's okver at my house now. I have it in a towel and I took a webcam picture

a squirrel maybe?
    What do I do.

http://www.soulofthegarden.com/Image...bySquirrel.jpg

there's a baby squirrel, they do look alike.

it does look like a squirrel or opossum.

Okay, do i keep it warm? It's wrapped in a towel right now. There's no chance that the mnom will come back now right?

if he was found on the ground. i imagin the mum pushed him out of the nest or dropped him if he's an oppossum. i would definatly keep him warm. not sure what or how to feed him.

It's definitly not an opossum. Squirrel for sure. It was lying on the side walk, so I'm not sure how it got there. Do squirrels carry their babies?

That's got to be a squirrel. You can get milk replacement at petco, but I think its chances of survival at this age are slim to none.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton