Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again!!!

Here we go again!!!

Milly laid an egg last night, the first one since Bennie left us 1 1/2 years ago!!!! She is sitting on it faithfully, and when she isn't, Roger is. I don't know if I have the heart to take it away from her.

If I knew I could have good homes for any potential babies, I would let them hatch. My husband will shoot me, otherwise!

Any Pettalkers in the southeast who would want a baby, perhaps???

Logan

if i were closer i would raise my hand..........i´m sure you´ll find a home for the baby if it hatches.........no doubt on that
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Not again Milly!

I'm sure you know this, but if you take it away she will lay another one. Doing this repeatedly will deplete her calcium too much.

That's what the books say.

When I had Alex it wasn't the case and I didn't know any better to leave it in there. They are all different; just thought I'd give you a heads up.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I wonder if my parents would want a bird...send me a pm, Logan, and, tell me about the type of bird. I haven't a clue, but, I've always liked birds. I'll ask my parents and tell them the situation. They're in Columbia, of course.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

We have two eggs now. I can't decide if they are really interested since I put some bedding in there in a Cool Whip container and placed both eggs inside. Milly about chewed my hand off when I went to move the eggs, so she definitely is thinking they are the real thing, even if they aren't fertilized.

Kari, I'll send you a PM all about Cockatiels tomorrow. Milly has abandoned many eggs in the past and she might do the same thing this time, but if they are fertile and she sticks with it, I think I'm going to let them hatch (much to Scott's dismay).

Oh Amber, where are you??? I think Bennie might need a sibling!!!!!

Logan

oh logan, I'd love love to have a cocktiel again. I am missing two, harlan and tweety my siblings and I had for over 9 years. and I still have my bird cage I have had from a finch I rescued about a year ago so, I meant to have another one!

but I know I'm not really near you.. (DRATS). oh well, I hope at least someone (a pet talker!) will take in for us.

curious anyway, how did you transported bennie to his furever home?
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

HI Gina. I just sent you a PM before I saw your question.

Amber (CamCamPup) and her family were visiting relatives in Tennessee, so we met halfway. I only had to go like an hour from here, so it worked out perfectly. And Kayla and Bailey, the other two, moved to Tennessee as well and I met their "mom" in NC, so it was halfway for both of us, too.

As I said in my PM to you, I don't even know where you are located these days, but if Milly hatches these babies, we can work something out. I only want them to go to people who really love them and I would definitely trust you. You just have to promise to keep those kitties away! LOL!!

Logan

LOL, well, guess you'll have to meet my one magical ark to say for yourself! they have dealt with (opened-tank) fishes, rats, mice and bunnies alone before. they would just care less as too many rescuefurs and hooman guests kept coming in and out.

well, I have one (former) feral cat, star who would only think bird's a food but I don't think she would dare to eat, I mean even chase it, she seems to understand when it is suppose to be food from being an outdoor and indoor cat. and definitely, never without my supervisor. she's too sweet anyway.

I PMd you back where I am. let's see if finn's mom's parents would take in first.

good luck logan, and keep us posted, I'm anxious to hear! you gotta love growth progresses.

I knew I owed someone a PM and couldn't remember who! LOL!!!

Kari, it was you!!! I'm so sorry. I hope to be able to contact you tomorrow. I swear, it might be easier if I can call you. Can you send me a number by PM? Tomorrow is going to be a wild day for me since we are leaving on vacation on Saturday for a week.

I will be in touch, regardless, I promise.

Logan

I've always wanted a bird I wish my mom would say yes, I would definitly take one of your babies Logan!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

3 eggs now

She laid a third egg today.

oh dearie....

can you please take pictures of them for me?

Gina, we're leaving on vacation tomorrow and I have already packed my camera and cord. I promise, I'll take a picture of the little eggs when I come back. Ok?

They are so tiny and precious.

Logan

I think Bennie DOES need a sibling! LOL! We're going up to Tennessee the 14th of July, but i suppose they wouldn't be ready to take home by then. Oh, i wish!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan

I will be in touch, regardless, I promise.
    haha, you're funny. no worries, i won't say anything to my mom until i hear from you. i have been gone all weekend, so, it's all right! Wow, three eggs!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer