Thread: Jen, how is Simba?

Jen, how is Simba?

Was just wondering how my favorite black guy is doing. Have things settled down a bit?
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Yes, how is Cat 16.
    Or Am I jumping the gun?
    I am sure that all the Black Cat Angels are praying that Simba no longer needs to look for a home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Jen, hope you have been able to work your magic and have gotten Simba calmed down!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Simba is still in his 3 story condo/cage. But he is loosening up. He has 2 days worth of medicine yet so I plan to keep him caged until then. But he now rubs my hand and will eat his canned food right away when I offer it (before, he waitined until I was long gone from the room).

So, the next step is opening his cage and allowing him to get reacquainted with living with other cats. He used to be fine with other cats, but it has been about 6 months (I think). And to be honest, I think it is the cat scent on my hands that he was the most aftraid of.

But his cage is right in the room where his fellow fosters can watch him and he can watch them, so they will be somewhat acquainted when I DO open the door.

Can't wait to be able to hold him again (and clip those darned daggers! )

Thanks for asking. So when are you going to fill out his adoption papers???

Sounds like you are making progress with that boy. It will take a little time before he remembers where he was before, and maybe that will calm him down.

HTML Code:
    Thanks for asking. So when are you going to fill out his adoption papers???
    Cute, Jen, Cute!

=^..^=

I

Sounds like JEN is the one needing to fill out adoption papers!

The poor boy must be extremely traumatized when he takes this long to adjust to his old home. But I'm glad he's making progress.

Kirsten

SO glad to hear he's doing well. Fingers will be crossed here that everything goes well once the door is open and he's free to roam!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It's good to hear he is slowly coming around and that you are able to medicate him now. He'll be in your lap in no time... and a member of your clan soon after that.

From Decker with Love

Simba is ready to come out of the cage. He came out on his own. One problem though..........I can pet him but I can't hold him to trim his dagger-like claws.........and he is slapping the other cats in the face. I have days worth of battle wounds from him, but I can't have him scratching their eyes and noses. He will have to stay caged until I can clip the nails. SOON, I hope.

I am still outraged that the vet did NOT clip them while he was there. MY vet always does!

But, we DO have progress, so that is good.

Good progress.

If they used the vet I think they used, I'm not surprised! They are the ones who told me that I was neglecting Angel last summer They seem to want to take the rescue's money and push the cats aong. They only do half what they should and you can bet the rescue's discount isn't 50% cheaper than you or I would pay!

Simba, honey, let your meowmie give you a nice manicure and pedicure! Your paws will feel better and you can scritch your post much better.

...and, you won't inflict so much damage on everyone!

=^..^=

I

Well, Simba stayed out of the cage last night and all of today. I think the others have learned to give him a wide berth (until he decides he likes them, again)

Right now he is playing Jeckel and Hyde. One moment he is rubbing back and forth on me, the next minute he forgets and gives me that "I don't trust you" look. But I truly believe that the old Simba memories are coming back to him.